Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People hows things.

Just wondered what your views were on this as I am needing a new cooler for an E8400 and am I also sick of my pc being full of wires, got a coolermaster 690cm advanced case so space isnt really a problem.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...57&subcat=1395

let me know what you think, cheers guys

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I would just get the Corsair H50 to begin with. The ALC doesn't seem to be any better, and it's not as attractive and probably won't live up to Corsair's standards of quality.

·
Registered
378 Posts
E8400 would do fine on a single 120 rad. version of that or the H50.
Unless you planning on running a Quad later or plan to keep the cooler for sometime go with it.
Only concern Id have with Coolit would be warranty of parts and damages to equipment should it fail.
Corsairs H70 would be comparable to that Coolit you linked.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool ok, sorry no pun intended there, how much of an drop would I be able to see from getting maybe the H50 campared to a good h/s and fan, was looking at the H70 previously and they are quite cheap, going to be sticking with my 8400 for a while, maybe get a new mobo soon but will be going back to AMD for my next pc which is going to be a while off anyway, cheers for the info guys.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I would recommend the H50/H70 if you're only thinking about only a CPU loop. I have one and they are really a nice way to get your feet into the water(cooling).

I think the H50 is suppose to be on par with high end air cooling. (it helps that it pulls air from outside teh case) The H70 has a thicker rad so I would assume it does better than the H50. It probably drops the temp a few degrees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts