Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jammo2k5 View Post
What you guys think?

Hrm...Points I don't reply to I either agree with or don't care either way about.

• Quote:
    1. A dual core CPU is not a must but is very, very strongly recommended.
Maybe for Peggle. But if you want to play any good games, a dual core is an absolute must. Games are starting to take advantage of quads, anyways.

Quote:

• 7. Overclocking… I'm sorry but the numbers are in and overclocking = better performance, FACT! There are numbers to prove my Facts and none to prove your myth theory. As long as you have adequate cooling and enough voltage to get it stable then a good overclock can make your CPU perform like a higher spec processor in that price range. E.g. Phenom II x4 940 can be overclocked and blast a stock clocked Phenom II x4 out of the water and it will be cheaper to boot
Not always. The net FPS gain I get pushing from 2.2ghz to 2.75GHz is...drumroll please......Two. Yes, two. As in, a whopping two FPS increase. And that's in my most taxing game, GTA IV, which is severely bottlenecked by my CPU. You'd think I'd see huge gains in such a game. But no, two FPS. Source games show no improvement whatsoever. Fallout 3 actually ran slower if it ran at all. Being the buggy program it is, that tells me it wasn't even a stable OC to begin with, so you know I was at the upper limits of my chip. No worthwhile increase in anything, no tangible overall improvement.

Quote:
9. The refresh rate limiter on games is used for limiting the GPU (Graphics card) from going over the number of frames needed for you monitor. 60Hz = 60FPS. This just reduces the load on the graphics card so it can run cooler and in turn reduces the noise from the fan because you can set it at a lower speed.
No. It's there to ensure you don't run a refresh rate higher than your monitor supports, and is used to prevent tearing on LCDs. It has nothing to do with reducing the load on it, although it does tend to have that side effect. Typically it's called "Vertical Sync" or "V-Sync".

• Quote:
    12. Direct X is not a video driver. It is an API from Microsoft that is used for in game effects such as advanced lighting and tessellation. Video card drivers are separate and the latest drivers should be checked for on ATi's/Nvidia's website weekly or more often if you want to. Also all games that you install now will install the direct x version needed for that game automatically with no extra effort needed from the user.
Using the latest and greatest VGA drivers isn't always a good thing. Pick a set that works and leave them alone. If you need proof, just look at the 196.75's. They kill cards using stock coolers where the user does not manually force a fan speed. For users that either manually force the fan speed or run fans not powered by the card itself, like me, they run quite nicely. But for the average PC noob, they can overheat your card. And kill it, in some cases.

• Quote:
    13. DirectX 10 can be run on XP but it is a third party install "hack" and is buggy and should only be tried by people who know what they are doing.
Uhh, no. You can fool XP into thinking it has DX10, and often this is enough to fool a DX10 game into running on XP where it normally would not, but you can not install DX10 on XP. XP simply does not have the necessary code to run DX10. Microsoft did this intentionally as a not-so-subtle cue to boot people off an aging, 10 year old OS that was written to support 486 CPUs...

Nits being picked aside, yes that guy is a complete fool, I do agree with you on that.

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,992 Posts
wow what a ******

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
People should be jailed for this.

Seriously. He takes his 5th grade knowledge of physics and tries to apply it to how a PC works. "If you draw power from the CPU it won't process as fast" also "Your processor is working on what you are seeing, the CPU is doing the rest." Maybe he meant GPU and CPU? I wish I could remove this from youtube to stop anyone from listening.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
*lol somoen commented on his vid and said "OCN is burning you" rofl

he really sounds like an idiot when he talks about the PSU and an additional Power booster on his GPU rofl

Quote:
" he said you need a power plug to go into the Graphics card, i had to buy anohter power box because my old one didn't have a power plug for my graphics card"

rofl that just kills me

how do ppl learn these days? youtube from this idiot?? rofl ahahahah *facepalms......do ppl know anything about OC'ing

"DON'T OC YOUR PC, you can't make a dual core a tri/quad core from a dual core" ahahaha you can unlock cores on phenom II X2 555 BE's rofl OMG i'm laughing

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
This guy should be raped by 200 rhinos in heat season.

Overclocking does nothing? Yeah right, my CPU @ stock yields 20Gflops... and 29Gflops @ 4ghz. No performance increase whatsoever.

/s

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
rofl should i make a youtube account and give him this flamming link? rofl "anti stalling instead of anti-aliasing"

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newpc
View Post

LOL? wat is this guy on about? a graphics card with its own power supply?

lol the X3 booster thingies from the net

they exist, but he had no idea what he's tlaking about rofl

lol Physx folders on the Game rofl

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Guys watch it, his compooter shpecs are these: AMD Athalon 64 times twhoo...

Guy if you're reading this, sign up here and start learning before you start producing instructional videos.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,932 Posts
Where is that guy from? Never heard that accent before.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.