Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new Ni no Kuni trailer from the Level-5 World event yesterday.

The game is to be published by Namco Bandai in North America and Europe in "early 2012".

·
Registered
532 Posts
now this is what you call a RPG!
, wish a certain game called final fantasy stuck to its roots...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Not quite a fan of the artwork, but it looks like this is going to be a pretty fun game
It's times like this I curse the fact that I don't own a PS3 and can understand only a bit of spoken Japanese :/

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoketsu
View Post

Not quite a fan of the artwork, but it looks like this is going to be a pretty fun game
It's times like this I curse the fact that I don't own a PS3 and can understand only a bit of spoken Japanese :/

It's being released in North America and Europe sometime next year, if you ever get a PS3.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradox me
View Post

It's being released in North America and Europe sometime next year, if you ever get a PS3.

However, nothing beats the undubbed original(though the point is moot if the original voices+subs option will be available)

Still; yeah, a PS3 is one of my current goals. There are so many awesome JRPGs for the playstation consoles... Arrrrgh, it'd be so neat if JRPGs came out on the PC as well. I'd be fine with console ports; screw the usual PC advantages, eyecandy and whatnot - getting to experience an epic adventure is all that matters

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Is this the game that requires a book to also play due to characters and puzzles read directly from the book?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou
View Post

No wonder the artwork looked so familiar. It was animated by Studio Ghibli.

Ah, so it was Ghibli after all... Thanks for looking this up. I was also wondering whether Ghibli had something to do with it.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH0
View Post

Is this the game that requires a book to also play due to characters and puzzles read directly from the book?

Yes. The book is an in-game manual by default (it can be seen in the trailer) but Level-5 is making physical copies available in Japan. No word on whether or not it'll be available in the West.

And yep, it's a collaboration between Level-5 and Studio Ghibli. They're doing the animation (obviously) and Ghibli regular Joe Hisaishi composed the game's soundtrack. I'm not sure who wrote the game, but my guess is Ghibli.

Edit- Here's the magic book from the DS version.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
What is this and why is it so awesome? Only PS3?

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Wow, it has a lot of character! Want!

I may have to get a PS3 just for this.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I dont really like the characters, but wow the world looks amazing. Guess ill ask my cousin in Japan to buy it for me when it comes out. Definitely something i want to try.

·
15,777 Posts
Nice.
More trailers, last one was about two months ago but it had quite low resolution
frown.gif

·
PC Evangelist
47,497 Posts
Cant wait for this to come out.

·
Registered
928 Posts
OMG something that raised my eyebrows! Awesome!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts