Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's not much, but I thought I'd share.

Quote:
From Respawn Entertainment™, the studio that brought you the award-winning Titanfall™, comes Titanfall™ 2. Be among the first to discover Titanfall 2 and what awaits you on the Frontier: http://x.ea.com/4303

Subscribe to see the first Titanfall 2 gameplay trailer coming June 12: http://x.ea.com/4122

Titanfall 2 will be available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC

Be among the first to discover Titanfall 2 - http://x.ea.com/4303
I played the first one and liked it for about 20 hours. I am not sure if I would jump into the second one. Maybe if it looks much better and has some interesting new elements, but to be honest I never really was a fan of Mechs.

·
PC Evangelist
46,968 Posts
So now there is a PS4 version. Glad they learned their lesson.

·
PC Evangelist
46,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Looking forward to this, we'll definitely be seeing this at E3.

I wonder what Game Engine they'll be using?
Source 2?

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
Sweet, another game that will have like 50 players total after a couple of months.

• Rep+
Reactions: Meta|Gear

·
Banned
6,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r View Post

Sweet, another game that will have like 50 players total after a couple of months.
Pretty much this.

Titanfall ran out of a healthy playerbase shortly after just a few months. Game died quicker than expected. Good thing I didnt even bother with it.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Source 2?
Hmm I wonder... Apparently they chose the Source engine for the original TitanFall as the developers were familiar with the engine and it was able to deliver a good level of performance for what they were hoping to achieve, they also added a number of modifications to the engine as-well.

I suppose it's a possibility that they are using the Source engine again, perhaps even Source 2 as you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i got it in some sale or bundle and still to this day cannot get it to launch and play right. will pass on #2 for sure.

·
PC Evangelist
46,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Hmm I wonder... Apparently they chose the Source engine for the original TitanFall as the developers were familiar with the engine and it was able to deliver a good level of performance for what they were hoping to achieve, they also added a number of modifications to the engine as-well.

I suppose it's a possibility that they are using the Source engine again, perhaps even Source 2 as you mentioned.
They can change engine but is it really financially logical to do?

·
Overclock Lord
511 Posts
I enjoyed titanfall as much as I enjoyed call of duty 4, the gameplay is really refreshing and fast pace. The only problem is that today we expect tons of unlocks and customisation which titanfall did not have. I hope Titanfall 2 brings that element + something new. Definitely looking forward to this game.

·
Stock
3,716 Posts
OH hell yea! I loved this game! Mechs man MECHS! Now if they can focus on content and a solid single player campaign. Heard this will be a thing for round 2. Another interesting idea is if they choose to go with the fresh multi-console multiplayer that is on the news now. PC VS. XBXONE VS. PS4... ( we all have our favorites) Let's keep KB+M VS Gamepad discussions out for now

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
What I didn't like about the last game were the bots, burn cards and the auto aim pistols. Fragging bots is not as satisfying as fragging a real person. Burn cards and the auto pistols made it feel like built in hacks.

·
Stock
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

What I didn't like about the last game were the bots, burn cards and the auto aim pistols. Fragging bots is not as satisfying as fragging a real person. Burn cards and the auto pistols made it feel like built in hacks.
Yea those auto and smart pistols were annoying. Burn cards were helpful on occasions especially if your goal was to Max out your generation rating.

·
I miss my OCN!!
2,196 Posts
I enjoyed Titanfall, still to this day. Not sure why all the hate with the game, it did have some issues but nothing I felt to bad. Too many folk's get their panties in a bunch because its not cut from the cloth of God or something, don't understand people sometimes.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtnubb View Post

I enjoyed Titanfall, still to this day. Not sure why all the hate with the game, it did have some issues but nothing I felt to bad. Too many folk's get their panties in a bunch because its not cut from the cloth of God or something, don't understand people sometimes.
Most people hate it because it was repetitive and it got old in weeks, the difference between a movie and a game is that one is a single experience for everyone and a game have infinite possibilities for different experiences, titanfall felt like a single experience over and over and over, you knew what to expect, it always happened the same way.

The fact that there were no dedicated servers made it 10 times worse, dedicated servers serve as a catalyst for creativity, likeminded players, be it hardcore a or casuals, always gathering at their server of choice can make for unique friendships and experiences, match marking like the one in Titanfall makes everything more artificial and robotic.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r View Post

yeah there are so many games and such a big variety to choose from that people move on very fast.

Especially games like CoD, Battlefront and Titanfall on PC.

Though to be honest FPS games don't really interest me anymore. I will give DOOM a go this year, but that's about it. I am good with 1 FPS game every 2 years.

Nowadays I prefer single player games with substance over repetitive online shooter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Am I the only one tired of games like these. Over the past few years I have fallen in love with games that don't fade away after a year. I like building a community around games and I feel like by releasing new titles into the same series so soon it ruins the opportunity.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts