Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

BOYOS.

It has ARRIVED. :specool:

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
Bah, I've had that for months. It's the same stuff, with twice as good a graphics. How much is that saying?

Frick just found this?

·
Official Luddite of OCN
5,674 Posts
Bah, I've had that for months. It's the same stuff, with twice as good a graphics. How much is that saying?

Frick just found this?
I've been following it for years yet still haven't touched it. Nothing to do with people 'finding it' but it's finally at a somewhat 'complete' point.

·
:)
11,145 Posts
I purchased it back in January of 2016, about time 1.0 was released!

Played through all the normal levels a while back, and Xen when that was released. Good experience overall, recommended for all Half Life fans.
Was very playable even before the official 1.0 release, so I have no doubt it will be good now. Lots of nostalgia and memories going through it all, and yet a new experience. No doubt will play it again.

Would give it an 8/10 in score, which is a high score for me to give any game.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh my!

...Lamar, Get over here its time!

·
Top kek
3,550 Posts
12GB update. Oof.

Been waiting for the public release, graphics are insane for a Source Engine.

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
12GB update. Oof.

Been waiting for the public release, graphics are insane for a Source Engine.

Source Engine is incredibly capable. Titanfall 2 is a source engine game and it looks amazing.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
true story time.

I had an original run of half life back in grade school(ended up burning copies for all my friends :D ), but never completed it due to a positional glitch when loading into later saves.

was too young to google it out, and IDR an update service.

looks like my time has finally come.

I've replayed 2 & episodes to the moon @ back over the years, but always held off from HL1 for some reason.

·
Still kinda lost
3,338 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
It works! Gives me motion sickness. :(
Made it to the big thing in the shaft with the claws..
Game really whomps on a hangover like a hammer.
I like the puzzle solving.

·
Overclocker
11,336 Posts

Frick just found this?
It was literally sent out in notification emails to who ever had it on wishlist etc. on Steam that it finally launched.

So now it looks like it's from 2010, great, why replay it though if I like stories and don't care so much about faked graphics in general whether they are old and simple or new and demanding. Source engine has had it by now and is mostly used for simpler graphics games and if they by some accident make it an online game then the whole thing is so damn cheater infested they may as well have not launched it at all.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
i mean.... its source. If you're 30+ you remember a time of "wth is this ricochet mod?" & no steam.

tweaking n freaking was par for the course.

Alyx drops soon, & they've refreshed the headset stock, supposedly to never run out again. so it only makes sense to pump all things half life.

BGate3 gets more info, boom all similar titles go on sale (divinity, all off shoots of BF, Pillars of Eternity, etc)

kinda par for the course.

Not sure what else you expected aside from porting HL into a newer version of the source engine.

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
It was literally sent out in notification emails to who ever had it on wishlist etc. on Steam that it finally launched.

So now it looks like it's from 2010, great, why replay it though if I like stories and don't care so much about faked graphics in general whether they are old and simple or new and demanding. Source engine has had it by now and is mostly used for simpler graphics games and if they by some accident make it an online game then the whole thing is so damn cheater infested they may as well have not launched it at all.
Some games from before 2010 look and play better than those published? available in 2020.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts