Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
This doesn't look like a 2016 game to me.
Not impressed, unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4inkill3r View Post

Such great games like The Division....

·
pass the lortabs
5,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash View Post

Such great games like The Division....
I can see by your username, avatar, and game service profiles that I'm probably not going to convince you of anything.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

I can see by your username, avatar, and game service profiles that I'm probably not going to convince you of anything.
biggrin.gif
Not true, I didn't love Doom 3, I still prefer the classics. I still do like how this one looks for the most part, but I've complained about it being too much of a Quake like arena shooter as well. Luckily I also enjoy Quake, but really I'm most hopeful for SnapMap and mods to make the MP the way I want to play this game.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,168 Posts
Doom has been beaten to death, and now they're ripping off limbs. Even Carmack had said enuf at one point...

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

The more i see of this multiplayer the more i think of "this is quake made for consoles".
Erm - ID Software actually developed both games...

Ala Doom is Quake and Quake is Doom...

So yes, factually, this game does resemble Quake since it has elements from Quake since, the same development team, aka John Cormack, worked on both products...

That being said - I don't understand how this isn't a 2016 game considering it's 4k capable with the new engine...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

Doom has been beaten to death, and now they're ripping off limbs. Even Carmack had said enuf at one point...
Carmack did most of the work and was essentially fired so...Yeah, it was enough only after he was given the boot...
rolleyes.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: LAKEINTEL

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Quote:

Compared to what ? I think it looks fine and looks similar graphics to recent games like ROTR , Far Cry Primal and Hitman

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Erm - ID Software actually developed both games...

Ala Doom is Quake and Quake is Doom...

So yes, factually, this game does resemble Quake since it has elements from Quake since, the same development team, aka John Cormack, worked on both products...

That being said - I don't understand how this isn't a 2016 game considering it's 4k capable with the new engine...
rolleyes.gif

Carmack did most of the work and was essentially fired so...Yeah, it was enough only after he was given the boot...
rolleyes.gif
I think he meant it looks watered down for consoles... And i'd agree with him.

I'll still check it out though, might end up being really good.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Quote:

Because you know, nothing says milking a franchise like releasing new entry for it once every decade.

·
Newb to Overclock.net
4,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

ewwww more controller gameplay
axesmiley.png
But it feels more realistic to press the right-shoulder button to rip off the left arm and tap the left shoulder button to smack it repeatedly with its own arm, all the while the controller is vibrating. How do you do that on a keyboard, pcmasterrace?

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:

But it feels more realistic to press the right-shoulder button to rip off the left arm and tap the left shoulder button to smack it repeatedly with its own arm, all the while the controller is vibrating. How do you do that on a keyboard, pcmasterrace?
That's tough. If there only was a way to plug in any peripheral device I want into my PC.

Oh wait
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
This looks so generic.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
and still i see nothing that makes this game look as some people seem to think, i played the BETA and got bored fast. The other modes look between meh and kinda interesting i guess. Its really going to be all about the mods and the snap map thing to decide if this game will be worth getting, in its base form - No, not for me.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:

That is your glorious comeback? A rumble i disable the instant i find it in my games?
Also, if pressing a button somehow feels "realistic" to ripping someone's arm off we have different meanings of the word.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts