Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spyro's back and he's all scaled up! Same sick burns, same smoldering attitude, now all scaled up in stunning HD. Spyro is bringing the heat like never before in the Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy game collection. Rekindle the fire with the original three games, Spyro™ the Dragon, Spyro™ 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro™: Year of the Dragon.

Official Website

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
this is why I need a ps4, crash and now this

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have a PS3 and I am depressed.

·
Untitled.jpg
934 Posts
this is why I need a ps4, crash and now this
The crash trilogy is coming to PC this july. Spyro will probably be a timed exclusive too since they're both owned by activision these days.

·
Fantastic Mr Fox
5,859 Posts
The character model changes are not insignificant, but at least it's not based on the gnasty Skylanders design.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I was shocked to find crash no longer playstation exclusive
I doubt this will too
edit yep on xbox too...new lighting/envirionment/cutscenes and looks 60 fps too...should be good like the jak & dax remaster

·
Adclock.net
3,752 Posts
I was shocked to find crash no longer playstation exclusive
I doubt this will too
edit yep on xbox too...new lighting/envirionment/cutscenes and looks 60 fps too...should be good like the jak & dax remaster
Huh the more you know, Whenever I think spyro and crash, I always thought Sony, I thought they were Sony owned IP, Well I learnt my lesson

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
The crash trilogy is coming to PC this july. Spyro will probably be a timed exclusive too since they're both owned by activision these days.
Sorry I just finished gt6 online they shutdown March 28th and I'm in the works of getting gt sport so makes sense to get spyro and crash.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Needs more voltage
503 Posts
The character model changes are not insignificant, but at least it's not based on the gnasty Skylanders design.
Very true. Honestly though, this new Spyro doesn't look all that bad. Fairly close to the original design, but the changes probably had to happen to fit with the aesthetic overhaul they gave the rest of the game.

I do find it slightly strange that the trailer only shows gameplay from the first game. I assume the art style will stay consistent across the trilogy, but even Insomniac themselves made tweaks here and there, so I'm curious to see what the remasters look like.

Huh the more you know, Whenever I think spyro and crash, I always thought Sony, I thought they were Sony owned IP, Well I learnt my lesson
Nope, our good friends at Universal Interactive kept the rights to Crash after Naughty Dog moved on, and Sony sold off the rights to Spyro after Insomniac left, which is why after their original trilogies both series promptly went down the tubes as Vivendi Universal ended up with both and had no idea what made the original games fun.

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,882 Posts
Spyro and Crash were some of the few titles I enjoyed on PlayStation (1). I don't expect to ever play them again but I am glad it's preserved for future generations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts