Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new trailer for Watch Dogs showcasing the game and environment.
Source
Features Nvidia tech such as HBAO+ and TXAA.

[PS4 tersion tech demo continued}
Tech Demo videos got pulled from both Youtube and PCGamesHardware,
rolleyes.gif
there's probably some out there however.

Personal analysis of pulled video
Original video post

Translation:
Quote:
Direct from the developers from Montreal, we have received exclusive 1080p scenes from the PC version of the watchdog. The clips show what provides the engine of Ubisoft in lighting effects, tessellation and wind simulation.
From my terrible use of Google Translate the video more or less tells us that there's Water Tessellation, Dynamic Weather, tells us that all NPCs are unique individuals, clouds move slowly, trees move in the wind, the wet ground reflects sunlight, NPCs can be seen dressed accordingly for the weather, not sure if they change on the fly or when the weather changes new better outfitted NPCs appear. (From last years E3 I recall seeing the weather raining and an NPC pull out an umbrella so they may do this in the final version too as scenes from this video somewhat resemble that)

Wet soil reflects light sources, trees and clouds are seemingly affected by wind speed.

The more I hear about ctOS the more I feel its connected with AC for some reason.

I dont know, but in my opinion from this video alone it doesn't look as good as E3 2012's showcase, I guess I'll only be able to tell when i run it on my own system and see it for my own eyes.

Which means our only other potential footage of the PC version is this development video, take this with a grain of salt, however this development video looks to be more or less on-par with the E3 2012 video, I hope Ubisoft spill the beans on the PC version soon to prevent further confusion and disappointment.

The E3 2012 footage which blew many people away.

Some Pre-order bonuses, I'm liking that you can get new outfits as it seems, but there does seem to be a decent amount of what looks to be day one dlc bonuses including missions.
The white hat one on the far right is PS3 and PS4 exclusive apparently according to a recent trailer.

Yup.

Little snips from the video itself of a few interesting stuff, you may want to see them or you may not but they are included in the trailer so I suppose most viewers would have seen them in the few seconds they were on screen, and since they are in the trailer I guess they wanted everyone to see them.

Could this be some kind of hostile drone? looks like Watch Dogs is going to feature some advanced tech and also some weird creatures or something, they were taken from the trailer, I didn't snip them myself, I just happened to have found them. The first image I'm not so sure of that I like monster or creature type things in the game if they're apart of the main story or just sidequests, the second Robot walker type thing I like, since they imply that you can hack almost anything in the game world wouldn't it be cool if this thing was hackable and would fight by your side?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Looking much better. Cant wait.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
If this is console footage: Damn, looks great.

If this is PC footage: Looks good for an open-world game. Miles ahead of stock GTA4 (and it should be).

·
Registered
784 Posts
Side missions galore
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky View Post

even if this is the ps4 / xbone version it looks crap textures ... what textures. hopefully the pc version will look a little better
Textures...
rolleyes.gif
like it matters.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadboy90 View Post

Textures...
rolleyes.gif
like it matters.
They also somehow expect a city of that size and detail to have 2-4K textures everywhere with max filtering on these new consoles
rolleyes.gif
talk about being unrealistic.

• Rep+
Reactions: DrClaw

·
Registered
765 Posts
Enjoy it for what it is. The same people who cry for more detail are most likely the same people who will cry upon release when their system cannot run it.

Looking good. I'm looking forward to tormenting other players.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
As long as it performs great, I don't care if the graphics are super crisp. Although I can't wait to see it at a proper refresh rate. 1080P full screen and every time the screen moved it went blurry! Want to see it played/play it at 144Hz

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I wonder how much of that 8 GB of RAM the new consoles have is dedicated to vram.

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
Dat was a cool trailer!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
While the graphics aren't INCREDIBLE, they are still pretty damn good I think. I am also certain that was a console trailer which means on PC it will look better.

As for gameplay, well I can't wait for this game. It just looks like a TON of fun!

·
Premium Member
6,440 Posts
I'm interested in this game for sure. I really hope it lives up to the hype.

...and if this is console footage.... OH LAWDY!!!! BRING ON THE PC VERSION!!!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
Can't wait. Even if that is pc textures being shown, I'm sure the community will dev texture packs considering the scale of the game.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok that trailer just sealed the deal, definitely preordering this. Pretty sure that was console video, so I expect a better looking version when I get to play. Even if not its still pretty good looking and should be a ton of fun especially cause Chicago is my home town
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterOddo View Post

Ok that trailer just sealed the deal, definitely preordering this. Pretty sure that was console video, so I expect a better looking version when I get to play. Even if not its still pretty good looking and should be a ton of fun especially cause Chicago is my home town
thumb.gif
Do you gain anything significant from preordering?

·
Just a Crazy Cat in a Box
5,534 Posts
Defiantly keeping a eye on this game. Especially the fact the npc actually look different from one another, and there is quite a few of them. Plus the environment is nicely detailed too. Compared to Phototype's npc and environment this sure has way more detail.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts