Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edit: Sorry about the waste of your time! I figured out how to upgrade the BIOS (just put the bios file on the root of a USB drive and boot using Alt F2 into the upgrade utility and it finds it automatically) and that solved it! The drive is now in the boot options in the BIOS and Windows is installing (VERY quickly) as we speak. Hope this helps the next guy!

Hello all! I hope this is the right place to ask this, and if not, sorry about that. I found this forum via google of course, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this setup. I am a computer tech, repairing and the like, with the rare PC build in there. I have a client who kinda twisted my arm into helping him build his crazy over the top system. I told him it's not really my skillset, but he wanted me to do it, so I let him convince me. Now I'm staring at what looks like a tricky problem and regretting it, but we will see if you confirm that.

I don't see any way to get this motherboard to boot to the PCI-E SSD installed. Apparently UEFI boot must be enabled, but I don't see any way to enable that in the BIOS. Not a lot of options in the BIOS as far as booting goes. I am able to boot into Windows 7 setup, and I'm able to get the SSD recognized using the Intel driver disk, but then Windows won't boot to it because it reports that the BIOS can't boot to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I think I have the BIOS from roughly 5/2015, that came with the motherboard. I'm not sure how to upgrade the BIOS, if that's whats necessary, though I do see an option for EZ something that looked like an upgrade window in the boot options (Alt F2). But when I boot to that, I just get a blue blank page.

Thanks!

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
See below...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, was that just a boilerplate copy/paste? I feel like almost many of the things you asked for are in my original post (mobo in thread title, mentioned that its a PCIE SSD in the post, and a description of what happens at boot is the entire post). Most of the rest seems totally pointless considering the specific issue - why would anyone need to mention quantity and brand of RAM in this sort of question?

Anyway, you replied to my post 40 minutes after I updated it to reflect that I had solved the problem by updating the BIOS. I edited it in hopes of helping the next guy, searching a similar question. Thanks anyway!

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
See Below...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Editing you post (instead of quoting) assured that no one will see your original problem.
Why is that? The original post stayed there, so anyone searching for it will find it, and will see the solution I found without any effort. And no one should accidentally think the problem hasn't been solved and go about answering it because they only read the first post and not the second. I think I did exactly what one should do on a message board in my situation. I certainly, as someone who both asks and answers questions all the time, would hope that everyone else do what I did when an answer is found by the OP before any replies.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
See Below...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I made that edit 40 minutes before your post. I'm not sure what your point is. I asked a question, answered it myself, and posted that fact before anyone replied to the thread, along with how I solved it. Seems like the model for how all users should behave. But again, you've got your panties in a wad about something and you're determined to prove you're right.

I know these message boards can become little fiefdoms where the power users feel like they own it and can make all the rules, and push new people around. You can enjoy doing that. I'll be gone and you can push around the next new guy who doesn't post the way you like him to post. Kay? Enjoy your little world here!

Edit (and yeah I'm doing that to piss you off more) - notice how much space and time this thread has taken up and how helpful you've been. You managed to spend a lot of time doing nothing but complaining and trying in vain to enforce your own arbitrary rules. Good job!
thumb.gif

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Whoa!
We're on the same page here! Your edited post is very informative and would be helpful to someone seeking an answer to a similar problem.

Just sayin".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts