Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone Im trying to install windows 7 on my new computer without much success. at first I tried an old flash drive with windows 7 image on it and was not able to detect any storage on the machine. Then I tried a copy of windows 10 and it worked without activation. So I have got a newer copy of windows 7 with recently updates and I was able to find my ssd and do the normal install process until it restarts and tries to lauch windows. And there is where my new problem begins, it start to load those little circles and cuts off and restarts with a message saying that windows did not start correct and what I want to do... safe mode, last known working configuration, start normal... none of this works. Im not sure if I have to change something on BIOS or if the copy of windows 7 I have it's not working ( I have tried 2 different one with the same issue).

Please help me...
thank in advance.

·
New001
2,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInBrazil View Post

Hello everyone Im trying to install windows 7 on my new computer without much success. at first I tried an old flash drive with windows 7 image on it and was not able to detect any storage on the machine. Then I tried a copy of windows 10 and it worked without activation. So I have got a newer copy of windows 7 with recently updates and I was able to find my ssd and do the normal install process until it restarts and tries to lauch windows. And there is where my new problem begins, it start to load those little circles and cuts off and restarts with a message saying that windows did not start correct and what I want to do... safe mode, last known working configuration, start normal... none of this works. Im not sure if I have to change something on BIOS or if the copy of windows 7 I have it's not working ( I have tried 2 different one with the same issue).

Please help me...
thank in advance.
The windows 7 install not seeing the storage is usually an issue with the way you set up your bootable USB.

After setting up windows 10, it probably set the secure boot option in your bios to "windows os" (for secure UEFI boot) and now you are possibly using legacy windows 7 and secure boot is cutting you out.

Have a look through the bios and see if you can find the secure boot option and if it's set to "windows os" maybe try set it to "other os" or disable it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right looking at the BIOS it's set as Other OS, but there is no option that I set that makes windows 7 load. Here are few screen of my BIOS, im on a gigabyte z170 GT.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does It have anything to do with usb3 drivers? Every where I try to search for a solution people mention to integrate usb3 drivers into the Windows 7 image. The last ISO file I have it contains updates up to April 2016. I think with my original usb image that was the problem because I could see the 950 pro, but now everything works until after the installation restart and where it keeps restarting. So I don't know maybe I still need to integrate the usb3 drivers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts