Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I am fairly new to overclocking and this forums as well. I am trying to overclock my delid LM 8700k on my MSI z370i Mobo with noctua d15s cooler. What I can't seem to figure out are what settings to have for 4.8ghz and more.

I tried following some vids on YouTube but most of them show 8600k processors or with a different style Mobo. I also have tried out some of the settings but I noticed setting weird that I can't seem to solve.

The settings were compared to other overclock settings. But the thing I have noticed is that when I tried prime95 stress test, the core clock speed decreases as shown in cpu-z. Can't seem to fix that.

Now I'm here asking you fellow overclockers to give a noob some advice on how to get not only a stable overclock, but accurate and fixed settings that won't fail. I have 4 ml120 pro rgb fans on case and 1 noctua fan that came included with the d15s cooler.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Ps- I failed to search for the same Mobo and cpu post through here and I'm currently on a smartphone (not home atm).

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
set "long duration power limit" and "short durartion power limit" and "cpu current limit" to maximum by typing "9999" .
put a small fan on top of the vrm blasting air to the vrm heatsink if you are afraid of trying the above settings, or go buy the godlike z370.

https://youtu.be/DKscEVnHTkY?t=225

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Use Intel XTU to see what is throttling then adjust the setting in BIOS if you can or it might show a need for VRM cooling.

·
Registered
74 Posts
For VRM fan-cooling on ITX MBs, I'll say low-RPM fans are useless.
I tried Noctua A4x10 but it gave zero performance.
I also tried Noctua NF-P12 directly blowing the VRM, 3 degrees decreased from 96C to 93C but it's a 12cm fan that I can't install it.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
For VRM fan-cooling on ITX MBs, I'll say low-RPM fans are useless.
I tried Noctua A4x10 but it gave zero performance.
I also tried Noctua NF-P12 directly blowing the VRM, 3 degrees decreased from 96C to 93C but it's a 12cm fan that I can't install it.
power limit is prior

1 - 6 of 6 Posts