Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a set of logitech Z5500 and they crackle when in 24bit mode. does anyoen know why. it used to not but i reinstalled windows and it just started. please help

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
It's most likely your soundcard. What do you have set on 16-bit? Is that the spdif setting thingy? Also, are you using analogue connection with the speakers?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
It's almost definantly the sound card. Those expensive ass speakers better not crackle even a slight..

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya they took my leg and my arm. but ya im using the optical out. i also have to keep it at 16bit to keep it from crackling.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
prolly the soundcard....
my x-fi crackled........
then i got a lil pci slot fan, and its blowing on the heat sink... no audio troubles yet!

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa
View Post

wow, i didnt know we need to use proper grammer on this site.

QFT - ROFL!!!

But seriously, I've heard that sound cards can get really hot and not function well as a result. I'd make sure it's getting some air. Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa View Post
i have 2 250mm fans in my computer. one over the mobo and one in the front and yes i mean 250mm fans
Ah, yes... then that shouldn't be a problem. Not sure what's going on with the crackling then.

·
Taking it Easy
4,114 Posts
Is the chipset Realtek HD? Because that's what I have on my motherboard and it crackles in 24bit mode and on sample rates above 44.1KHz.

It's just the way onboard audio is... sorry. Get yourself a soundcard and say goodbye to sound problems for... at least 2 weeks.

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts