Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can actually get the klipsch promedia 2.1 pretty cheap. Really liking all the great reviews of the corsair sp2500. i recently bought the titanium HD and really want some really good speakers that would make it worth it. I'm tired of having 5 speakers in my desk and want to move over to a 2.1 setup.

i do have a big powerfull sub that i can use (acoustic h100) with some satelites speakers. would that be a better choice? if so which one that are self amp.

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
What's your budget? What's your space restrictions? And is your Acoustic H-100...does that happen to be a BIC made subwoofer?

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc;15289079
Yes the bic h100 very good sub
Answer my other questions, and I'll see what I can come up with for you.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
klipach pro-media 2.1 , those are 150$ really solid speakers

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

Answer my other questions, and I'll see what I can come up with for you.

The space is a room 11x11
computer desk is an large glass L-desk (plenty of space) but don't really want huge satelites speakers, more or less the same size of the z5500 speakers.
My budged is $200 for speakers only since i already have the subwoofer i want to use.

I have this 2 of this bookshelf speakers. They sound really good when amp with a AVR but not sure if i want to go this route since i have to purchase a avr for my pc setup.

Amazon.com: Energy CB-5 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair,Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Energy CB-5 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair,Black): Electronics

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduardmc
View Post

The space is a room 11x11
computer desk is an large glass L-desk (plenty of space) but don't really want huge satelites speakers, more or less the same size of the z5500 speakers.
My budged is $200 for speakers only since i already have the subwoofer i want to use.

I have this 2 of this bookshelf speakers. They sound really good when amp with a AVR but not sure if i want to go this route since i have to purchase a avr for my pc setup.

Amazon.com: Energy CB-5 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair,Black): Electronics

Well, you've already got some decent bookshelfs and a great subwoofer. All you need is an amplifier for your bookshelfs. You can look at the Dayton DTA-100a, or any receiver.

As far as finding something with "satelites" the size of the z5500, honestly....they're all just PC speakers. You're not going to get anything that's overwhelmingly good sounding compared to the "junk" (no offense) that you had before. You'll be replacing it with just more "junk" (again, no offense meant).

If you've got the desk space for the bookshelfs, you've got the space for an amp (again, look at the Dayton DTA-100a). Which in turn, means you have the space for a much better sound setup than anything PC Speaker related.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

Well, you've already got some decent bookshelfs and a great subwoofer. All you need is an amplifier for your bookshelfs. You can look at the Dayton DTA-100a, or any receiver.

As far as finding something with "satelites" the size of the z5500, honestly....they're all just PC speakers. You're not going to get anything that's overwhelmingly good sounding compared to the "junk" (no offense) that you had before. You'll be replacing it with just more "junk" (again, no offense meant).

If you've got the desk space for the bookshelfs, you've got the space for an amp (again, look at the Dayton DTA-100a). Which in turn, means you have the space for a much better sound setup than anything PC Speaker related.

with the dayton can i power the 2 bookshelf and does it have subwoofer ouput signal for my sub? i was thinking on getting a real 5.1 AVR but this seems very nice and small.

Edit: i have a yamaha RX N600 pretty big and powerfull i can get a second one cheap for my pc. would that work better?

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc;15290351
with the dayton can i power the 2 bookshelf and does it have subwoofer ouput signal for my sub? i was thinking on getting a real 5.1 AVR but this seems very nice and small.

Edit: i have a yamaha RX N600 pretty big and powerfull i can get a second one cheap for my pc. would that work better?
The Dayton has speaker line outputs only (L/R). So if your subwoofer has line level inputs, yes it would work for a subwoofer. Or you could get a line level converter.

As far as the Yamaha receiver, that would work too, but it'll take up more desk space. A receiver would work very well though, and give you future upgrade room (surround sound).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts