Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there's a way to get my clock speeds to say, for example, 4500 instead of 4490 (99.7 x 45 or what not instead of 100x45) i believe this is the first board i've had without a spread spectrum option that i can find...its hidden? bios version is f18 so aside from beta bios I think i have the most recent. or am i just being really stupid and overlooking something obvious
baaasmiley.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,146 Posts
You're right. I went through the entire manual and there's no Spread Spectrum, and there's nothing that could be Spread Spectrum under a different name.

• Rep+
Reactions: clintwilks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yeah, this is something i noticed too with mine. This doesn't hurt oc stability, does it? I crash immeadiately under prime when i set my voltage over 1.4Xv for no particular reason. Not hijacking, just mentioned this if it might be related.

·
Watercooler
3,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulvin View Post

Yeah, this is something i noticed too with mine. This doesn't hurt oc stability, does it? I crash immeadiately under prime when i set my voltage over 1.4Xv for no particular reason. Not hijacking, just mentioned this if it might be related.
Nah it shouldn't affect the overclock and voltage.
That's just a CPU or heat issue/ ram related etc...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

Nah it shouldn't affect the overclock and voltage.
That's just a CPU or heat issue/ ram related etc...
Not heat, never pass mid 70c's with 1.3+v. Kingston ram on the other hand, i'm not sure. Maybe this chip just doesn't like voltage. Anyway
offtopic.gif
tongue.gif

·
Watercooler
3,374 Posts
Quote:

Not heat, never pass mid 70c's with 1.3+v. Kingston ram on the other hand, i'm not sure. Maybe this chip just doesn't like voltage. Anyway
offtopic.gif
tongue.gif
Lucky temps... I'm on custom water and at 5Ghz 1.375V i hit 91C with a delid. da fudge

·
Watercooler
3,374 Posts
Quote:

As of now, i got the entire 360 rad reserved for cpu only so that might explain it. It doesn't want to coop with anything above 4.7Ghz though.
Ahh explains it i've got a overclocked 7970 in this loop with only 1 240 and 2 120 rads. lol

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Hey did you try different BIOSes? That sort of behavior only happened on early releases. Also try to manually set base clock to 100.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXel View Post

Hey did you try different BIOSes? That sort of behavior only happened on early releases. Also try to manually set base clock to 100.
Latest bios (f18-17?) and bckl fixed to 100 and it does nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Maybe BETAs? 100.1 should definitely do the trick.

Can't say for sure about UD3H, but I haven't had this issue since ~F6.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it is not an older bios related issue on this particular board, as the above user stated. F18 bios installed (which is the latest non beta bios) bclock set to 100. nothing. And it makes no sense to have to set your bclk to 100.1 raising other clocks in the process which, although very minor, never know if it could effect stability, even though on its face it seemingly should not really do much as far as that goes...I've never messed with intel's bclk..and I'm someone who used AMD all the way up to the FX6300 so I'm definitely comfortable doing that sort of thing, just dont think you should have to do that to get the clock speeds that should be reflected by your multiplier and frequency. for instance, my core temp gadget says "100x45 = 4490" ....***...haven't found a fix yet.
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: I just installed the 19e beta bios, and although it didnt fix it completely, it did make it better bcause now, instead of my clock speed being BELOW the target by like 10mhz, its either right on or slightly above by 1 to 5 mhz. so if anyone was having the issue of your frequency hitting UNDER what you wanted it to be (IE: setting to 100x45 and your speed is 4490 or similar to that) this is at least not quite as annoying, and the mouse feel is about 2% better in the bios lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts