Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 1420 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the Z87X-OC and OC Force Club!
Okay so it is that time of the year again where new boards are released and many new questions come up.
Get latest BIOS from here.

GIGABYTE product Page for:
Z87X-OC
Z87X-OC Force

Some FYI in General:
#1. To use full HD Mode one can use the iGPU, must use a GPU and monitor with pretty high resolution, I think 1080P. I also don't think a D-SUB/VGA cable can be supported.
#2. To change driver order in Windows mode you can select the drive and hold down ATL and then use the arrows.
#3. TAG profile is Profile #8 under save profiles, i like to setup TAG then load optimized defaults and just load TAG for OCing.
#4. If you run into issues with USB 3.0 without drivers in windows you can try disabling xHCI.

Some things for OC
#1. OC Touch for multiplier is capable of being increased even when trigger is engaged. So I can hit trigger and go to 8x and press + on multiplier and when i go back to full speed(when i disengage trigger) my multiplier will be one higher than before.
#2. Currently need to have EIST enabled for multiplier OC to work in Windows.
#3. GTL is coming out very soon.
#4. If your BCLK dividers don't work at all then reflash the BIOS you might have corrupted ME firmware.
#5. BCLK on air 110+, add LN2 to CPU gain maybe 5 more MHz on top on air, LN2 on PCH gain maybe 5 mhz more as well.
#6. tRDRD =tRRSR on GBT BIOS
#7. For memory OC use 1.00x or 1.25x divider, 1.67x divider isn't optimized for memory OC.
#8. Use Ring voltage for higher uncore frequency
#9. Use SA, CPU IO Analog and Digital for Memory OC. You can use +0.2 on SA and up to 0.15 on the others. The deltas here are important too.
#10. If you want to OC BCLK use the iGPU OR you can use the last PCi-E slot, the 4x PCI-E 2.0 slot's PCi-E frequency is locked at 100mhz always b/ it comes from the PCH.

Z87X-OC Force OC Features list:
#1. OC Touch (Multiplier, BCLK, Gear, Turbo, power, reset, clear CMOS)
#2. TAG
#3. OC Ignition
#4. Trigger
#5. Dual BIOS Selector
#6. Single BIOS Mode
#7. 15u gold plate on CPU pins, DIMM pins, and PCI-E pins
#8. 8-Layer 2oz Copper PCB
#9. 4-way SLI/CF at 8x/8x/8x/8x with PLX bypass
#10. 16 phase VRM using IR3563B and IR3550 (very high quality).

Z87X-OC OC Features:
#1. OC Touch(Multiplier, BCLK, Gear, Turbo, power, reset, clear CMOS)
#2. TAG
#3. OC Ignition
#4. Trigger
#5. Dual BIOS Selector
#6. Single BIOS Mode
#7. 15u gold plate on CPU pins, DIMM pins, and PCI-E pins
#8. GIGABYTE Mem SAFE
#9. Settings Lock
#10. Direct to BIOS
#11. CBAT Button
#12. 6-Layer 2oz PCB
#13. 8-Phase VRM with IR3563B and IR3553 and 60A Custom chokes.

Overall the Z87X-OC is perfect at its price, however if you want the best of the best the OC Force is the best high-end. Also there is a Z87X-UD7 TH which also has the same OC Features as the OC Force, but the board has gold highlights like the Z87X-UD5H.

Here is the signature for this club! Thanks to rc dude for making it!

Code:

Code:
[CENTER][URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1397684/official-z87x-oc-z87x-oc-force-owners-discussion-fan-club/0_100][B][Official] Z87X-OC and OC Force Club![/B][/URL]
[/CENTER]
It looks like this:
[Official] Z87X-OC and OC Force Club!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can the non-force board run tri sli?
Not quite sure why it would have 4 way crossfire support but only 2 way sli.
Would it just work with 3 way anyways (even if some hacking/sorcery is involved) or is it a lost cause/hardware limitation?

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Officially it won't. You can try to search for hacks, but AFAIK there is nothing that works with current boards.

Nvidia wants X8 per GPU for SLI.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice event guys!!!

also there is a new BIOS B10, it fixes unore multiplier not going above 39x(if you needed higher uncore you could just use 1.25x divider and then it worked fine even on F5b and such) also EIST shouldn't need to be enabled for OC multiplier change in windows with OC Touch.

Now just waiting for GTL

B10: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7v1c3176s876v56/B10.ZIP

Friday should be interesting!!!

·
a turkey is a bad man
6,432 Posts
Just tried out bios F4 and man was the mouse so sensitive in the bios! It was actually painful to use.

Going back to B10

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can anyone conjur up an explanation for why the OC has two PCI expansion slots? Why on earth did they put those on there.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Might just have to change brands with new socket
biggrin.gif
This board is nice! Just waiting on some more definitive results on whether it's worth it after selling off my current setup. I'll give it 2 weeks, see what the best solution to the resistors on the pcb of cpu after delidding. Nice to see the club too
thumb.gif

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm having some serious USB 3.0 issues with my Z87X-OC, and they are not Sleep Mode related.

The devices i used:

Corsair Flash Voyager USB 3.0 64GB
Corsair Flash Voyager USB 2.0 16GB

When i put the 3.0 stick in one of the USB 3.0 ports and start transfering files, the stick will dissapear after like 10-15 seconds. It still shows up in Device Manager and doesn't show and errors. When i put it in one of the USB 2.0 ports it's all fine.

When i put the 2.0 stick in one of the USB 3.0 ports and start transfering files it's all fine.

I'm hoping it's just a bug that can be fixed with a BIOS flash. If it's related to the Haswell bug i hope there will be free replacements.

Is anyone able to test this and confirm aswell?

(oh Mouse and Keyboard work just fine on USB 3.0, it's pure storage device related.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svarog View Post

I'm having some serious USB 3.0 issues with my Z87X-OC, and they are not Sleep Mode related.

The devices i used:

When i put the 3.0 stick in one of the USB 3.0 ports and start transfering files, the stick will dissapear after like 10-15 seconds. It still shows up in Device Manager and doesn't show and errors. When i put it in one of the USB 2.0 ports it's all fine.

When i put the 2.0 stick in one of the USB 3.0 ports and start transfering files it's all fine.

I'm hoping it's just a bug that can be fixed with a BIOS flash. If it's related to the Haswell bug i hope there will be free replacements.

(oh Mouse and Keyboard work just fine on USB 3.0, it's pure storage device related.)
This might be of interest to you.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1fuqnk/intel_officially_confirms_usb_30_bug_in_haswell/

·
Premium Member
21,170 Posts
Looks like I checked into the wrong thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx View Post

Z87X-OC checking in
biggrin.gif
Click images for larger!

LL

LL

LL

LL

LL

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know, but i;m not using Sleep Mode.

It happens only when transfering files to the USB Stick. If i leave it in the 3.0 Port doing nothing it just stays there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quote:

The devices i used:

Just tried another USB 3.0 device which is my Western Digital Elements 1TB HDD, it works fine.

Still wondering what's wrong with that Corsair Flash Drive. It's not broken as it works fine with USB 2.0.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Joining! Will update my rig in my signature sometime tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradeno View Post

Can anyone conjur up an explanation for why the OC has two PCI expansion slots? Why on earth did they put those on there.
They use an iTE8892E bridge chip to get PCi on the board, that chip gives out 2 ports of PCI from 1x PCi-E lane, so the extra PCi slot is always there I guess they just added it so you can chose where to put your card if you have one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow74 View Post

I am a proud owner of a OC Force,

Nice! I have one too, its a really nice board as well.
Quote:

The devices i used:

Yea there are also certain incompatibilities, now can you try the USB ports right under the NIC and then USB 3 ports not under the NIC and see if there is any difference?
Also Intel has stated now that they don't need a chipset revision to fix the issue and that microsoft was able to fix it with a update to windows. Supposedly even C2 revision has no USb changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purekhaos View Post

Joining! Will update my rig in my signature sometime tomorrow.
Nice!

1 - 20 of 1420 Posts