Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this room upstairs with the case open (room temp is perfect; not too hot or cold), my idle is about 34C. At load, it's 48C.

Good?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Well it's not great...lots of people get lower but that's about the temp I usually get with my Freezer Pro.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol y'know, I thought of it; I've reapplied it countless times, done it different ways...I bet my mobo temp sensor is off 0_o maybe...?

Where's a good place to put an external temp sensor on the 9500 to get hopefully a better temp reading? I mean, it never feels hot anywhere...

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
I bet it's a bad sensor. I've had experience with some of tht lately. I have one motherboard that reads 25C but when I place the cpu in another motherboard I get 40C with the same cooler. And it's consistant too... it wan't just because of an air bubble or something. I would recommend getting a temp probe and attaching it to the side of your heatspreader.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bah, after putting the temp sensor on top of the heatsink (do you guys get what I mean?), and with the fan on full blast, this is what I got:

Idle -
COMPUTER SENSOR: 31C
EXTERNAL SENSOR: 25C

Full Load for 5 minutes-
CS: 46C
ES: 28C

...3C rise only? Is that even possible? Remember, this is only a Venice E3 3000+ on stock voltage in a well ventilated (open) case...

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
On top of the heatsink doesn't really count. Try attaching the probe to the side of the heatspreader on the CPU.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol yeah, after taking another look at the top, I was all, dang, I really cheated for those low temps =P

Yeah, so I'll brb; gonna try to place it on the side of my chip.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, after dismantling my computer to accurately place the temp sensor right on the side of my CPU, full load leveled out at 30C.

That's really not right... going from 25 idle to 30 load. I'm just going to go w/ my BIOS temps; 32 idle, 46 load...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, after some searching, I found some web pages that I haven't caught before that tell of about the same temps as me. Which is good, because I am upstairs and the room is hot in here X_x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts