Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Zalman 9700 (sporting a 110mm fan) tested 4C better than the 9500 at tom's hardware.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/10/...lls/page2.html

"Next up is Zalman's new CNPS9700 LED, a replacement for the CNPS9500 LED that has served our labs well for several months. This new larger version was responsible for a temperature drop of 4°C compared to the previous version, when tested at an overclocking level that had already destabilized the system using the stock cooler."

http://xtreview.com/addcomment.php?i...NPS9700-review

"It is noted that the rotation speed was reduced : CNPS9700 LED Works in range from 1250 up to 2800 rpm, the noise level from 19.5 dBA to 35 dBA. As always, in the complete set we'll find Fan Mate 2."

Given that temp differences betweent the Zalman 9500 and typhoon were very close, this should put the zalman on top.
LL
LL

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
oo i was thinking about a BTVX for my allendale, maybe i should look at buying the 9700

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
I wonder if it will beat the tuniq tower?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I dont know how this was close to the BT, most results temp results on here on OC.net are in the high 40's some times low 50's. While the BT can do MUCH better then that.

pink

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigvaL

I wonder if it will beat the tuniq tower?

buy me a zalman 9700 and a tuniq tower and some AS5 and ill happily test it out for you

hmm 9700, sounds good, ive always like the 9500's

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Don't forget that almost NOBODY on this forum buys a BT and keeps it totally stock. Almost everyone laps it and fan mods it, so I would believe that the 9500 or 9700 would beat a stock BT.

Of course, after minor modification, the BT would own the 9500/9700...but that's a different story.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robilar

"It is noted that the rotation speed was reduced : CNPS9700 LED Works in range from 1250 up to 2800 rpm, the noise level from 19.5 dBA to 35 dBA. As always, in the complete set we'll find Fan Mate 2."

I dunno about that then. Because the fan speed of the CNPS-9500 LED is 2600rpm max. So its an increase then
And with a bigger fan I bet this will be quite good.

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
It's big.

Way to innovate new ideas Zalman.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I see what they did with the fan speed
They increased its max rpm to 2800 from 2600 and decreased the minimum (silent mode) to 1250rpm from 1350rpm. Way to go, this means for variety.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyGuy

It's big.

Its bigger, heavier and has a larger faster fan. Its becoming for like the Big T.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyGuy

It's big.

Not only that, but look at the picture....the 9700 is in FRONT of the 9500.....causing it to appear larger than it is.

4c better? That would be ok if it's predecessor's temps weren't so bad already. How much is this thing going to cost? Hopefully not more than $30
Cause you can get MUCH better temps from several other coolers for the same or less than the 9500 was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts