Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys jus wondering if i will get a NOTICEABLE and worth it temp decrease from my big typhoon to a Zalman 9700 LED.... not really likin my temps with big typhoon.... tried reseating the HSF a couple times... same result

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Not on a quad. The 9700 works great on a single or dual core, quads are pushing it's ability (OK at stock, not as well overclocked).

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
The 9700 is overpriced. Either get a Xigmatek or a TRUE (the Thermalright will cool a lot better on a quad)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
load = 60c idle = 52 keep in mind ambient temps are 70-80 degrees. (Socal second story) if a Zalman isnt the right HSF.... WHAT IS?!!? i want the right one to optimize my temps on my Q8200.... with its 45nm structure...i feel like i shood be at at least 40c on idle.... i mean cmon guys, im almost the same temps as my amd 6400!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingklick92 View Post
load = 60c idle = 52 keep in mind ambient temps are 70-80 degrees. (Socal second story) if a Zalman isnt the right HSF.... WHAT IS?!!? i want the right one to optimize my temps on my Q8200.... with its 45nm structure...i feel like i shood be at at least 40c on idle.... i mean cmon guys, im almost the same temps as my amd 6400!!!
Like Marin said, get a TRUE, get push-pull fans and bolt that sucker down. That should help.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeag View Post
Zalman haven't got anything decent out the door lately, other companies like THermalright and Xigmatek have caught up with them.

Get a Xigmatek S1283 with a bolt through kit, costs about $45 and cools ebtter than a 9700.
Agreed my Zalman used to go over 70+ on OCCT and fail. My Xig is @ 53 at load now =]

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blupupher View Post
Not on a quad. The 9700 works great on a single or dual core, quads are pushing it's ability (OK at stock, not as well overclocked).
Very true, my zalman 9700 is only mediocre on my q6600. With higher volts it just outright sucks. I'm at [email protected] right now and am running a prime95 temp of 73(higher than allowable) (22 degrees ambient temp with case door open and huge fan helping the zalman)

Reseating did nothing for me and lapping the HSF shaved 2 degrees off load but that was it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts