Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as you all know the zalman cnps9700 nt has green l.e.d's which clashed with my friends black/blue themed build...so i contacted zalman about a fan for a regular cnps9700 which has blue leds....sure enough 2 weeks later in the mail i get the "replacement" fan which i paid NOTHING for...Thank you zalman... any way its easy to change...just 2 screws....here are some pictures...

Hope you all think it looks cool...i do. This is my friends build we did back a few months ago and he hated the green so we changed it to blue...all blue and black now

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
and that is why i have been with Zalman sense i built my p4 back in the day and have used their coolers ever sense.

I am trying the New Cooler Master V6 GT and im kinda impressed by it, but not the fact that i had to take my 200mm Big Boy fan off my side panel....

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolHandz
View Post

Where did you mount the speed controller? Right now mine is scotch tape to the side.

no speed controller...its 100% all the time...its quiet

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Oh wow, I didn't expect Zalman to do that!! Thanks, I'm going to try the same and see if they'll send me a red one.
+rep.

Edit: On their support page, did you use the RMA link or Technical support?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by [Adz] View Post
Oh wow, I didn't expect Zalman to do that!! Thanks, I'm going to try the same and see if they'll send me a red one.
+rep.

Edit: On their support page, did you use the RMA link or Technical support?
thanks, i did the RMA form

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theory
View Post

thanks, i did the RMA form

Ah, that explains it. I used the tech support link and got this reply:

Quote:

Replacements are for faulty fans. please check your local supply store for extra parts.

(shipping costs will differ depending on your locale)

Please visit the "Where To Buy" network on our website and locate a distributor close to you for the parts you need. In the event that all your local suppliers refuse/cannot help please contact Support ([email protected] ) or 714- 530- 0700 if you reside in the Americas and [email protected] for all other regions and explain your situation. Thank you again for your interest in ZALMAN.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by [Adz] View Post
Ah, that explains it. I used the tech support link and got this reply:
like i said i told them i had the regular 9700 which has a blue fan and i told them it was faulty and a few weeks later i got it in the mail and swapped out the green one for my friend

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Ahh, the regular one has a blue led! I didn't realise that. No point in asking them for a red one then. Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you specify that you need the blue LED one? I realized after I sent the request that I only said the 9700, which now that I thought about it, also came with a black and non LED fan
The 9700 LED is the blue one, and the 9700 NT is the green version which I have. I'm hoping they didn't send me a regular black one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.