Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after much reviews read...i finally got the Zalman Dual heat pipe cooler with the fan. Though the reviews said its a very easy to install blah blah....it took me 2 hours to get it all installed properly...This heat sink is a pain in the b*** to install...

I have Windows XP (MCE) and it booted normally just like it did before the video card was removed for installation of the cooler..I am waiting for the login screen to come, when I see the display go blank...the LCD monitor has a green power light lit and suddenly it changes to orange...It remains like this for ever....(Sounds like the display card cannot be inited..or something)

I was running Omega drivers for Radeon..(card is 9600SE)...So I thought it could be that drivers were messed up some how...I booted the box into safe mode, and I can see the display properly in safe mode...uninstalled the Omega drivers, reinstalled ATI drivers (after reboot)...All this works great...Once I install the original ATI drivers or the Omega ATI drivers....and reboot the box...the display goes blank...

FYI if I touch the Zalman cooler, its as cool as ice...(i mean no heat at all)...

Any ideas..to move further..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

Ok, after much reviews read...i finally got the Zalman Dual heat pipe cooler with the fan. Though the reviews said its a very easy to install blah blah....it took me 2 hours to get it all installed properly...This heat sink is a pain in the b*** to install...

I have Windows XP (MCE) and it booted normally just like it did before the video card was removed for installation of the cooler..I am waiting for the login screen to come, when I see the display go blank...the LCD monitor has a green power light lit and suddenly it changes to orange...It remains like this for ever....(Sounds like the display card cannot be inited..or something)

I was running Omega drivers for Radeon..(card is 9600SE)...So I thought it could be that drivers were messed up some how...I booted the box into safe mode, and I can see the display properly in safe mode...uninstalled the Omega drivers, reinstalled ATI drivers (after reboot)...All this works great...Once I install the original ATI drivers or the Omega ATI drivers....and reboot the box...the display goes blank...

FYI if I touch the Zalman cooler, its as cool as ice...(i mean no heat at all)...

Any ideas..to move further..

Any body ??? Is my card toasted ??? Why does it then boot into safe mode and work properly ? I have reinstalled windows (after formatting the system partition) - no change..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abeautifulmind

Any body ??? Is my card toasted ??? Why does it then boot into safe mode and work properly ? I have reinstalled windows (after formatting the system partition) - no change..

Have you fixed this prob yet? If not check and make sure that the thing that you installed is not touching anything other then the top of the processor. If it is touching any of the leads on the vide card it could short it out. Then you also want to check and make sure that it is seated properly. if it is not all the way in the agp slot that could cause a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts