Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i officially declare that the stock HSF SUCKS HARDCORE. I am getting an aftermarket cooler and can't decide which one. It is between the Zalman CNPS 9700led or the Tuniq Tower 120. The price makes no difference to me. I plan on taking my E6600 to 3.6. My week is 29B. The only problem i have with the Tuniq Tower 120 is it is IMPOSSIBLE to find. If u find it on sale in the US can u link me? Thnx OC.NET.

Also, please give me your input on why u decide on which cooler you own or the two i mention here. Thnx

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Seeing as the Tuniq Tower 120 is the best there is, get it. The zalman isn't very good. Many heatsinks beat it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the Tuniq is the "best" but i have no idea where to get it and ive heard many good things about the Zalman 9700led. Please provide links to proof or the Tuniq.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post
Seeing as the Tuniq Tower 120 is the best there is, get it. The zalman isn't very good. Many heatsinks beat it.
I'll second that.

Based on everything I've read and seen I'd say that currently, the
Tuniq Tower 120 is the best option for air cooling a Core 2 CPU

Highly-Annoyed

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
tuniq by far. If you can find it....get it

• Rep+
Reactions: BloodThirstyEmu

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k i just ordered my tuniq, wish me luck!
and also, thnx inimitable! And Transonic and everybody else!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirstyEmu View Post
k i just ordered my tuniq, wish me luck!
and also, thnx inimitable! And Transonic and everybody else!
No prob and you wont need luck because the TT120 will dominate your stock hsf temps for sure

·
Banned
5,890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post
The CNPS9700? It beats a lapped BT easily. Look up some reviews on it for proof.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xecuter2
View Post

Hrm, I wonder if that tuniq would help my temps at all.
core temp - 40/55
speedfan - 24/46
Lapped with arctic freezer 7 pro
What do you guys think?

I have my freezer 7 pro totally modded & it still not enough for 3.6c. With my 90cfm 120mm fan blowing on it at full blast, it can barely take 3.5ghz. And even there, on a hot day, 3.6ghz would be impossible unless you enjoy burning your cpu in its own heat.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just bought one 2 hours ago from frozencpu.com

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
I don't know if you guys saw... but he said Zalman CNPS9700, the 9700 is a ton better then the 9500 and is 3C better then a Big Typhoon.

I recommend the Zalman.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o
View Post

I don't know if you guys saw... but he said Zalman CNPS9700, the 9700 is a ton better then the 9500 and is 3C better then a Big Typhoon.

I recommend the Zalman.

Thank you! Zalman ROCKS!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts