Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just installed a Zalman with this board... on the back of it i noticed there was already a silver mounting plate to screw in the Zalman, but the Zalman CNPS7700-CU comes with its own plate. It it okay if I install using the one that came with the board? Or can I somehow remove that one and install the one that came with the CPU cooler? It seems to me when I use asus one the cooler not not fit tight enough on the cpu.

Anyone have the same setup or any answer??
Thanks!

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
You may damage the board if you try and remove it. I installed a different HSF using the A8V backing plate and it went just fine.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRD

You may damage the board if you try and remove it. I installed a different HSF using the A8V backing plate and it went just fine.

What's a Zalman?? Noob here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
this is the one or close to the one he is talking about. I am putting one on my Amd Athlon 64 3500+ w/ a winchester core.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fumacation

this is the one or close to the one he is talking about. I am putting one on my Amd Athlon 64 3500+ w/ a winchester core.

I just built a AMD 64 3500+ system i put it in an ASUS K8V SLI Delux, w/ 512 MB RAM, It is the sweetest system i have ever seen. It's a little loud though, i didn't realize the processor didn't come w/ a heat sink, so i had to do some funky things w/ my original heatsink to make it work. I'm currently trying to find a decent air cooling system, but for a reasonable price. I have my eye on the Zalman CNPS7700-ALCU. I'm just worried it wont fit. Supposedly it's really big.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBe8503

I just built a AMD 64 3500+ system i put it in an ASUS K8V SLI Delux, w/ 512 MB RAM, It is the sweetest system i have ever seen. It's a little loud though, i didn't realize the processor didn't come w/ a heat sink, so i had to do some funky things w/ my original heatsink to make it work. I'm currently trying to find a decent air cooling system, but for a reasonable price. I have my eye on the Zalman CNPS7700-ALCU. I'm just worried it wont fit. Supposedly it's really big.

Get the all cu not the al+cu it will be better all cu. I am putting a very simular one together myself and it is pure cu it is a corner best not cut I say.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maurzy

Hey,
I just installed a Zalman with this board... on the back of it i noticed there was already a silver mounting plate to screw in the Zalman, but the Zalman CNPS7700-CU comes with its own plate. It it okay if I install using the one that came with the board? Or can I somehow remove that one and install the one that came with the CPU cooler? It seems to me when I use asus one the cooler not not fit tight enough on the cpu.

Anyone have the same setup or any answer??
Thanks!

You can try it. Make sure you have RMA support. I somehow messed up my A8V Deluxe by flashing the bios. and my stuff is screwed up now. So I bought the ABIT AV8 uGuru (its alright). and since my mobo is messed up. I tried taking off the back plate. and all it has under it is some adhesive, more like a gooey gunk. I'm sure you can replace it no problem. The only thing is that the screw spots will be in the same place. it is only the actual backplate that you are removing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBe8503

If you are worried about size, you can get the 7000b Cu. Its a bit smaller and the difference in performance between the two seems to be very small. I use the 7000b Cu on my system.

There is and article here that will give you more details you are looking for. The thermal resistance numbers look just like some water system
numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts