Overclock.net banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
In any case, the 3389 has more smoothing than the 3360, both in terms of range and amount.
All 3389 mice I've used from the Steelseries Ten to the Endgame XM1 had rubbery, relatively high smoothing cursors compared to AMO10, 3360, 3366, Hero 16k, etc. The smoothing on the 3389 isn't insane, it just felt similar to a 3310 sensor. So the mice are usable, but they don't feel like an upgrade from the 3366 to me and feel more like a downgrade back to the 3310.

·
Registered
44 Posts
All 3389 mice I've used from the Steelseries Ten to the Endgame XM1 had rubbery, relatively high smoothing cursors compared to AMO10, 3360, 3366, Hero 16k, etc. The smoothing on the 3389 isn't insane, it just felt similar to a 3310 sensor. So the mice are usable, but they don't feel like an upgrade from the 3366 to me and feel more like a downgrade back to the 3310.
By the way r0ach, did you back us on Kickstarter? Would be interesting to see if you could tell the difference between an M1K at 1,000 Hertz versus one at 8,000 Hertz. :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
By the way r0ach, did you back us on Kickstarter? Would be interesting to see if you could tell the difference between an M1K at 1,000 Hertz versus one at 8,000 Hertz. :p
I'm sure he didn't.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I am out of the niche of this particular mouse. I make lots of use of a middle mouse click, scroll, and my optimal mouse would probably have 2 additional utility buttons on the top as well as 2 on the left side like the G9 had. I typically use a lot of buttons. That and I don't know if I would actually aim good with this or not. I'm used to 800 DPI and I imagine I'd have to use way lower because it's so light.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am out of the niche of this particular mouse. I make lots of use of a middle mouse click, scroll, and my optimal mouse would probably have 2 additional utility buttons on the top as well as 2 on the left side like the G9 had. I typically use a lot of buttons. That and I don't know if I would actually aim good with this or not. I'm used to 800 DPI and I imagine I'd have to use way lower because it's so light.
You get used to lower/higher CPI quickly. ;)
I am surprised you use that many buttons on a mouse by the way. You have a less is more approach when it comes to disabling PC features to reduce overall system lag, so I thought youd prefer minimalistic mice with not many buttons. :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did anyone receive the mouse and can tell a bit after use?

I was thinking to buy one, but this is one of those things that I really can't or shouldn't as it wouldn't pass the most basic budgetary related income test at 200, but maybe still click on purchase.

Also, asking for people playing fps at decent level.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did anyone receive the mouse and can tell a bit after use?

I was thinking to buy one, but this is one of those things that I really can't or shouldn't as it wouldn't pass the most basic budgetary related income test at 200, but maybe still click on purchase.

Also, asking for people playing fps at decent level.
We sent out the first batch of mice last week, so not many people have it as of now. ;)

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
You get used to lower/higher CPI quickly. ;)
I am surprised you use that many buttons on a mouse by the way. You have a less is more approach when it comes to disabling PC features to reduce overall system lag, so I thought youd prefer minimalistic mice with not many buttons. :p
It's a habit. I've played all genres of games from FPS to MOBA, etc. Years ago I used to play a PVP game called Dark Age of Camelot a lot and hit #1 in the world in realm points on the PVP server before I quit. In a game like that it's required to use tons of mouse buttons to play competitively.

I never played WoW - well, I played it for like 2 days and didn't like it - but I imagine so called "pro" WoW players need a zillion buttons to play competitively. I guess that's why all those new mice appeared with 50 buttons on the side. I can't stand those myself. The most I could use effectively would probably be four thumb buttons and then two other utility buttons on the top like the G9x top buttons. Mouse companies are really dropping the ball by not placing any decent top-side buttons as the G9 did.

Yea, mice like the G402 and G502 had some spare buttons, but they were far more difficult to use the way they were placed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mouse companies are really dropping the ball by not placing any decent top-side buttons as the G9 did.
Totally agree. Side buttons can get in the way very easily. Additional buttons on the top are much less problematic in that regard. Still though: when your index finger is being used for primary fire (left mouse button), you have high opportunity costs when you move your index finger away from the left mouse button to click an additional macro button.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts