Overclock.net banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Politically incorrect
9,215 Posts
--- I personally don't need help spending my money ---

99.99% of us need help saving our money. We know how to throw it away just fine. :p

I feel terrible for people suffering empty soul syndrome. Throwing everything into "it" that they can find. Eventually they'll realize that's the sensation of being alive, but that doesn't matter. the market is built around that cycle.
That's the basic principle of consumerism and unfettered liberalism, and both are symptoms of fascism (the logical conclusion of our capitalist system).

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,770 Posts
yep, I plan to extract what I need & bounce to the woods, ~5 years from now. Not cutting the connection to society, just living much much further away from it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Stopping tracking is one thing, but blocking website ads is like stopping them from breathing. If you visit websites with adblockers (not privacy blockers), you are verifiable harming the websites you frequent and claim to enjoy.
I agree, I am a web developer myself but.... Security and mem leaks has become too big a problem. While a memory leak is more annoying that dangerous, i dont know that if i keep this tab open that eventually my browser will practically lock up because the ad videos it plays on repeat has an issue. There is, and probably will never be, a global standard for ads, but sadly it is needed. There are some efforts out there for it, but all the adblockers that allow validated ads are basically sites that paid to not be blocked and the ads are not actually vetted. So, I can live in fear and not browse the web for anything but the 3 sites i stick too, or i can turn it on and venture out.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts