Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
3DFX User
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Zelda fans. I have recently been playing alot of Wii titles and 3DS titles as of late. I have never gotten into Zelda so I got SS of Gamefly and purchased OoT for my 3DS at the recommendation of the Game store employee.

I love Mario Brothers 3D, New Super Mario, Galaxy 1,2 DK, etc. Thought I would love Zelda maybe not?

I guess I am new to these games. I have about 6 hours in OoT and I cant tell what on earth is going on??? I can go to a graveyard the castle and a ranch. Everywhere I go seems I can pay people to play games but the main story I guess is escaping me? I have the letter from Zelda but can figure out what to do with it? I keep finding these rocks with fairy's in them but cant seem to get them out? Is there a song you play or something.

Guess maybe I am to used to the holding of your hand generation of games and this game doesn't even give you a quest log lol!

I guess if people could give me some pointers I would appreciate it alot! Maybe these games just aren't for me. Not trying to make a troll thread just would like some incite into what to expect if I dump more time into this game and start playing SS?

I mean I love RPGs like Mass Effect, Skyrim, Fallout, Final Fantasy etc.

·
13,100 Posts
I just finished doing a 3 day run through of OoT in my N64 emulator on my computer with all heart pieces, one of my all time favourite games.

You're at the part where you need to deliver that letter to Princess Zelda in the Hyrule Castle. There are a ton of great guides out there, but try to find one that has no spoilers, and refer to it as little as possible. The game is way more fun trying to figure things out.

Older games like the FF's before FF10 and the older Zelda games, Dragon Warrior, were my favourite because they didn't hold your hand like new games do. This thread is the first proof I've actually seen of this though.

Case and point, I 100% recommend pouring time in to beating OoT, it is one of the best Zelda games in my opinion
biggrin.gif

·
3DFX User
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I will find a guide!

Ya I have been gaming since 1993 just so many titles I wanna get through haha! When you get lost in one I feel like I am falling behind lol!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iscaria View Post

Yeah use a guide if you find yourself stumped on how to advance the storyline, but don't you dare use a guide for the Water Temple. You have to torture yourself and spend countless hours changing water levels like the rest of us did.
I agree, the water temple is just not fulfilling unless you struggle with it. Worst water temple I think was in Twilight Princess, eight damn floors, insane. And then I hated the boss considering I have a fear of dark waters, yeah imagine the look on my face when I was sinking to the bottom xD

·
Premium Member
14,984 Posts
Quote:

Yeah use a guide if you find yourself stumped on how to advance the storyline, but don't you dare use a guide for the Water Temple. You have to torture yourself and spend countless hours changing water levels like the rest of us did.
The water temple (as a kid, the Zora temple) is DAMN DISGUSTING. It is by far mu most hated temple
mad.gif

The forest ones are usually pleasing to play, especially the one in The Wind Waker.

·
13,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

Quote:

The water temple (as a kid, the Zora temple) is DAMN DISGUSTING. It is by far mu most hated temple
mad.gif

The forest ones are usually pleasing to play, especially the one in The Wind Waker.
Am I one of the few people who likes the water temple more than any others.

·
Premium Member
14,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

Am I one of the few people who likes the water temple more than any others.
Not sure, but more than me, sure you do.

The one in Twilight Princess was pretty dang good if you ask me though. Hard as heck, but very well crafted.

·
13,100 Posts
I played all the Zelda's up until Majora's Mask, haven't beat that one though, currently playing through it on my computer. Then I skipped all the way to Skyward Sword, also on my computer.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:

I played all the Zelda's up until Majora's Mask, haven't beat that one though, currently playing through it on my computer. Then I skipped all the way to Skyward Sword, also on my computer.
Make sure you collect all the masks before the end of Majora or you won't get to become ONI LINK!! MWHAAHAHA

·
13,100 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Make sure you collect all the masks before the end of Majora or you won't get to become ONI LINK!! MWHAAHAHA
I've been slacking on my progress lately between life events, and my 3 projects, but hopefully I can get back in to it. Also, still have yet to try out Master Quest.

·
A title was here
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk777th View Post

Guess maybe I am to used to the holding of your hand generation of games and this game doesn't even give you a quest log lol!
I respect the fact you thought of that possibility, regardless of if it's true or not.

The best recommendation we can give would be to listen to Navi or talk to people multiple times as in games like that eventually npc's will repeat the same round of messages and usually set you in the right direction. Also check your map

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good to know I'm not the only one going through the zelda games for a first time. I got into some nintendo franchises over the last couple of years. Got pulled in with Metroid series.

My first zelda game was Phantom Hourglass on DS, It was ok. Got real frustrated on a seal part and had to due something with the system to get the game going again. Next did Spirit Tracks and quite the game ouf of boredom near the end. Just started A link to the past about a week ago but haven't played it much. Then got stuck in the desert palace (2nd pendent?) and just looked up a guide to figure out what was going on. I don't find it a hindrence to peek at a guide as I got so many other games to get to. I'm also playing Medievil Ressurection on PSP which is like zelda meets tim burton movie.

I do have Z:TP on the list someday
wink.gif

Also note I'm not a RPG person. Trying to break my diet of beat-em-up/hack'n'slash and racing games.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wow, this brings back memories. OoT is still my favorite Zelda game. I was eight or nine at the time and I remember actually being scared of certain things. I freaked out the first time I came across a ReDead; didn't like the Shadow Temple either for similar reasons.
rolleyes.gif
Fire Temple was my favorite dungeon.

I still need to get around to Skyward Sword.

·
Premium Member
14,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaphan187 View Post

Also recently started up my Zelda kick oot was my favorite. Played skyward sword was byfar the easiest out of the ones I've played only took me around 15 hours which disappointed me
frown.gif
. Got wind waker and twilight princess to run through.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
I'm absolutely LOVING Twilight Princess. The 1st time I played it got severely bored and left it at the Goron temple (didn't even finish it), mostly because I wasn't geting jackcrap of the story. But this second time, I'm just feeling that this game is magnific!! But still not as good as The Wind Waker
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
716 Posts
OoT still gets played on MY n64 along with pokemon stadium. Gets broken out for a round of PS minigames and OoT runthroughs with mates atleast once a year.
Twilight princess is a little more Serious with art direction which is what i prefer...

Foronce, i just want a badass Knight Link ...make him emo or something.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts