Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i am fishing on zelda, just outside of Ordon, near Faron Woods and i can see a red fish in the water...

However, for the life in me it wont bite.

All the other dumb fish will, but i wanna know is there anything special about this other fish, and even if there isn't, how do i catch it?

I am using bee larva atm

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
While i would like to help, i have no idea what you are talking about , as i havent played zelda , as i dont have a tv atm , so my wii is staying packed on the side, here's a free bump for ya

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, since you in Ordon, I would presume you have the old crappy rod that the little kid made for you. Swing the Wiimote back, and then forward, jig around with it, and when the bite, just yank the Wiimote up to your shoulder area and slide it back and forth. Good luck fishing ^^

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Theres a special lure you can unlock later on in the game... its hard to get though, time consuming.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I haven't tried that spot yet...only two spots actually, both required for the game. Since this is an optional fish, maybe you need to use some bait?

Is there any point to fishing? I'm not one who gets into the whole "collecting for collecting's sake" in games. Do you ever get anything useful for your troubles, like you do for bug collecting?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
what happens when you catch the redfish?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
For the red wish you have to have a special lure that the water prince guy gives to be able to catch the red fish. You need the special lure because you have to catch a red fish later on as part of a mission.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by K092084 View Post
For the red wish you have to have a special lure that the water prince guy gives to be able to catch the red fish. You need the special lure because you have to catch a red fish later on as part of a mission.
But the red fish you're talking about is actually in the water area. MaKaVeLi is down in Faron Woods, no where near there. Is it the same kind of red fish? Seems unlikely, they usually spread all of the different collectibles all over the map. Or maybe all red fish are attracted to that lure?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
There is a different lure that you can find around the lake someware (i think it is by a rock on the shore of the lake) but if you catch a fish with it the guy inside will say it was caught with an illegal lure. It has been a million years since I have played that game. I wish I still had that game.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I think its called a reekfish. And yes, you need a special lure fore it, The prince gives it to you eventually behind the graveyard if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailscott View Post
There is a different lure that you can find around the lake someware (i think it is by a rock on the shore of the lake) but if you catch a fish with it the guy inside will say it was caught with an illegal lure. It has been a million years since I have played that game. I wish I still had that game.
A million years...? It just came out last November...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts