Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i've build the following rig:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X,
ASUS ROG X399 Zenith Extreme,
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4-3200 CL16 kit
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Sea Hawk EK X 11GB
2x Samsung 960 Evo 250GB Raid 0
EVGA SuperNova G2 1300W

But everytime i want to shutdown or restart it takes 5 minutes before it actually does that. (my screen will be blank and the computer will still be on)

I have no idea what's causing it, I didn't have any further issues either.

Anyone else experienced this and fixed it?

·
PC Evangelist
46,942 Posts
If the PC still turns on but takes long it is most like a broken device that is not letting it boot fast enough. It could be anything really.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does this already when I fresh install windows.

Set sata to raid, set everything to uefi mode, have only the two m2 drives connected.

I create an array in raidexpert after that and load up my windows installation USB disk with win10, load the nvme driver and install.

but when it says it needs to restart it will just hang for 5 min and then restart.

And I'm always installing the newest drivers I can find at the motherboard support page

But I had it freeze on me for 4 times already and basically throw the entire 500gb of data away, because it can't find the OS anymore and it always sends me to automatic repair until I reinstall windows.

And when I install on a single drive it will just restart normally but I didn't get this board to run my OS on 1 drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts