Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While taking a break from ZenStates, I've decided to make a simple timings viewer app, similar to the old Zen Timings Checker.
Still haven't figured out how to read Odt, Rtt, FCLK and MCLK values.

The app detects timings on start and have no other functionality. It's display only.
I've only tested it on Matisse, so it might not work on others, but I will try to add support for more CPUs step by step.
Please report if some timing is detected wrong or the app does not work for you.

The memory footprint is minimal and since it does not run any task in the background and doesn't refresh values, you can leave it open and/or minimized.

Download from Google Drive:
v1.0.0

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
works on 1700x. though a few listings feel out of sequence, but could be board dependent. I'm a zenstates user also.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are a lot of things I don't know without documentation, so it might not work on all systems, especially on Threadripper and Epyc.
I might not be able to solve them at all. Seems to be working on AM4 desktop parts though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It works, thanks a lot bye the way.

Do you see a chance to get the "real" Clock instead of configured one? I use bclk 101 -> 3702 not 3666. And maybe you could a TRFC in nanoseconds as second value?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Works on Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme with 3800X.

It's good to see someone fix us a new application for this after the old one was abandoned with no new updates.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It works, thanks a lot bye the way.

Do you see a chance to get the "real" Clock instead of configured one? I use bclk 101 -> 3702 not 3666. And maybe you could a TRFC in nanoseconds as second value?
Currently I make a query to the WMI to get the configured frequency. Not sure how to get the real one, would probably need to get some performance events data, but don't know how yet.
As for the TRFC - I can, but left it out, because it "breaks" the even number of the fields in the layout :D

Nevertheless, nice to see it works for everybody. Haven't tested on server machines, but I think it should work there, too.

·
Ryzen Fanboy
2 Posts
its pretty much just https://github.com/tomrus88/RTCSharp since pretty much nothing except the rtts/cads & vsoc changed for zen2,
vsoc is at 0x0005A00C for zen2 & 0x0005A010‬ for TR3000
its fascinating how none tried the old offsets till i posted screens of my zen2 rtc :'>

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I never knew the old offsets and was not aware of this source, but it seems other tools reuse this.
There are a lot of differences between SMU versions and generations (socket as well), so I guess that is why noone have figured out the rtt/odt/cad yet. At least those who don't have access to the documentation (like myself).
I've found the SMU addresses for most of the new SKUs, but still testing commands. 0x2 command is always "getSmuVersion", at least on all the CPUs I and users have tried. 0x1 is test message.
But everything else is different and it's dangerous to test blindly, because you can hit the setVDDR_SOC command, which with a parameter 0x0 would set the voltage to 1.55V. That's beyond healthy for the SoC and will probably damage it permanently or even kill it.
Even LN2 guys don't run such voltages.
Unfortunately I don't know which versions I should test for.
Thanks for the source, though, that might help.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I've finally added the screenshot button.

Download: ZenTimings v1.0.4 (Google Drive)

Save - directly saves the screenshot in the directory where the app resides. The name is a generated one, based on the unix timestamp.
Save As - opens a dialog to pick file name and directory location.

Attachments

·
Black Sun Empire
787 Posts

Very nice thanks man ,works on my 2700x !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,106 Posts
Works here, too. Thank you and +rep.

All Ryzen owners using this app should be repping you.

Attachments

·
Registered
881 Posts
Works here, too. Thank you and +rep.

All Ryzen owners using this app should be repping you.
Some people have 1.0.5

:D

Rep given

:)

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Can you share a donwload link for v1.0.5?
Thanks.
Im not in posession of 1.0.5,

only seen one other person using it who shall remain unnamed

:D

1 - 20 of 116 Posts