Overclock.net banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
https://zentimings.protonrom.com/

Is this the full 1.1.0 release or another developer?
Yes, that's me. I just had no time to update the OP here, because I had to travel.

Hopefully 1.10 above is from the same dev!
Yes. The download link is directly from my github account. I just modified ZenStates site a little to release ZenTimings.
Protonrom is my domain from the time when I was making a custom Android ROM for some smartphones and I'm using subdomains since I'm still paying the hosting.

I don't know if this is a software bug or I'm just not familiar enough with how the infinity fabric works but mine is fluctuating from 745 mhz to 1900 mhz at idle. Is this a BIOS setting and if so, how do I lock the FCLK in place at 1900 mhz?

Edit: NVM, Google is wonderful thing. I had to disable DF C-States buried in AMD CBS in the BIOS. Will disabling this give me better FCLK stability?
I could change the value that is read to the strap and not the real frequency. Then it will always show a steady frequency. In fact it was a new thing to me as well, because it doesn't happen on my motherboard, regardless of settings.

Clocks are halved for me and both tRFC and tREFI latencies are doubled.
It is a bug in the app which is a result from the "configuredClockSpeed" reported incorrectly on your system (Freq field is halved).
That frequency is then used to "correct" FCLK, MCLK and UCLK in an attempt to take blck in consideration.
FCLK, MCLK and UCLK are always reported on a 100MHz BCLK base, while configuredClockSpeed shows real frequency on some systems, so I'm basing my correction factor on that one.
In your case, those 3 frequencies get halved due to this. I will have to improve the correction mechanism to fix this bug.
TREFI (ns) and TREF (ns) are also a direct victim of the same halving, since they are calculated based on MCLK.

Thanks for the report!

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Yes, that's me. I just had no time to update the OP here, because I had to travel.

Yes. The download link is directly from my github account. I just modified ZenStates site a little to release ZenTimings.
Protonrom is my domain from the time when I was making a custom Android ROM for some smartphones and I'm using subdomains since I'm still paying the hosting.

I could change the value that is read to the strap and not the real frequency. Then it will always show a steady frequency. In fact it was a new thing to me as well, because it doesn't happen on my motherboard, regardless of settings.

It is a bug in the app which is a result from the "configuredClockSpeed" reported incorrectly on your system (Freq field is halved).
That frequency is then used to "correct" FCLK, MCLK and UCLK in an attempt to take blck in consideration.
FCLK, MCLK and UCLK are always reported on a 100MHz BCLK base, while configuredClockSpeed shows real frequency on some systems, so I'm basing my correction factor on that one.
In your case, those 3 frequencies get halved due to this. I will have to improve the correction mechanism to fix this bug.
TREFI (ns) and TREF (ns) are also a direct victim of the same halving, since they are calculated based on MCLK.

Thanks for the report!

In future versions when we have the BLCK overclocked and RAM is overclocked as a result, will it be able to show in Zen Timings?

·
Registered
13 Posts
your trc could set to 55 or 60 and still work. 85 is bad high
Ok, is only default settings with DOCP/XMP Profil. Some recommendations for 3733/3800 MHz 1:1?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice work, any reason the memory voltage isn't shown?

·
Edgy & on the edge
1,834 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
Nice work, any reason the memory voltage isn't shown?
It's not available in the resources the app reads. I think it's only available from the motherboard's VRM and I don't plan on supporting all the different implementations out there.
If l find a more generic way of reading it, then it will be added.

Alright, where can I get the beta one?

edit. even the beta 4 does not work. Maybe mobo related then or DRAM?
It seems to be OS-related to me. Maybe something with permissions or broken dotNET framework.
You could try some of the older versions, which can be found on my github account and Google Drive

[/SPOILER]

In future versions when we have the BLCK overclocked and RAM is overclocked as a result, will it be able to show in Zen Timings?
No, only when the OS/BIOS reports the real DRAM frequency and not the selected strap.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Would it be possible to get the DRAM volts too?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hey @infraredbg are you gonna update the OP with the download link to the latest version? It's rough having to go through posts to find the latest version.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Asrock again :( The most problematic ones. One of the tables shows 18-18-18-18 and the other one 17-17-17-17.

·
Registered
118 Posts
When I open Zentimings the Q-code changes to d3 and stays there even after closing. d3 is "some of the architectural protocols are not available". The same thing happens when I open Ryzen Master.

Not a bug report, just something I noticed.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts