Overclock.net banner

121 - 140 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Hello,

after a windows update it doesn't work anymore
The same thing happens when I open v.1.1.0
I have the latest 19042.572, will check when I get home, it might be a bug if you did an in-place upgrade instead of a clean install I think.

Pretty sure it's working fine for me just updating my Windows 19042 with W10UI instead of Windows Update. It uses DISM to install the updates.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I have the latest 19042.572, will check when I get home, it might be a bug if you did an in-place upgrade instead of a clean install I think.

Pretty sure it's working fine for me just updating my Windows 19042 with W10UI instead of Windows Update. It uses DISM to install the updates.
Yes, working fine for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Zentiming 1.1.0 is working fine for me with W10 updated to W10 20H2 (19042.572), on 3 PC.

Do you have 19042.527 or 19042.572 ? : p

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Based on your debug log, it seems the power table is empty (could not be read).
I've just upgraded to 20H2 and it still works for me.

Would you try the latest build?
ZenTimings v1.2.0.29-beta

It would take longer to load (see the GUI), since it waits for the power table to be available (or to timeout). Will have to add a splash/loading screen if that works for you.
The other test, if it still doesn't work, is to open RyzenMaster first, then try ZenTimings.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
New v1.2.0 is up on the official site: ZenTimings
I have verified it to work on my system, but there aren't much reports from users, so if there's some serious issue will have to hotfix it.

There are now 2 versions of the app, but they both include the major and important fixes, since they share the same common code.
The difference is in the UI.

People were asking about dark theme, which is not really possible with the old Windows Forms the app was based on. Or at least not in a satisfactory way.
Not all controls can be styled or at least not easily. So, the UI was completely rewritten to use Windows Presentation Foundation framework, which allows easier theming.
This comes at a cost though. In order to support the themes, I had to up the minimum required version of .NET framework from 4.0 to 4.5, which means no XP support (not that most people need it). Legacy version still works with 4.0.
It's also a little more memory consuming, but I have tried to minimize RAM usage as much as possible.

Due to that change, I have decided to still support the legacy version (it's basically the same old UI, but with updated core functions, so nothing is missing, except dark mode).
I will still support it in the future, unless some breaking change is needed in the common module.
It's a major release, thus the version is now 1.2.0. You can read the changelog on the site.

I don't have a Zen3 system, but there's some preliminary support for Vermeer and Genesis (based more on assumptions).
Will definitely need user input once it gets available in stores. It would be quite some time until I get one.
I would need a new motherboard for that, unless Crosshair VI Hero actually gets some beta/unofficial bios.

v1.1.0 hit more than 5400 downloads! Thank you all. Not that it benefits me in any way, but it's encouraging at least.

Last, but not least, I will make sure to find time and finally update the OP with some info.

CPUs tested: 1800X, 1600AF, 3000G, 240GE, 3900X on Crosshair VI Hero running latest bios 7803.

·
239 Posts
New v1.2.0 is up on the official site: ZenTimings
I have verified it to work on my system, but there aren't much reports from users, so if there's some serious issue will have to hotfix it.

There are now 2 versions of the app, but they both include the major and important fixes, since they share the same common code.
The difference is in the UI.

People were asking about dark theme, which is not really possible with the old Windows Forms the app was based on. Or at least not in a satisfactory way.
Not all controls can be styled or at least not easily. So, the UI was completely rewritten to use Windows Presentation Foundation framework, which allows easier theming.
This comes at a cost though. In order to support the themes, I had to up the minimum required version of .NET framework from 4.0 to 4.5, which means no XP support (not that most people need it). Legacy version still works with 4.0.
It's also a little more memory consuming, but I have tried to minimize RAM usage as much as possible.

Due to that change, I have decided to still support the legacy version (it's basically the same old UI, but with updated core functions, so nothing is missing, except dark mode).
I will still support it in the future, unless some breaking change is needed in the common module.
It's a major release, thus the version is now 1.2.0. You can read the changelog on the site.

I don't have a Zen3 system, but there's some preliminary support for Vermeer and Genesis (based more on assumptions).
Will definitely need user input once it gets available in stores. It would be quite some time until I get one.
I would need a new motherboard for that, unless Crosshair VI Hero actually gets some beta/unofficial bios.

v1.1.0 hit more than 5400 downloads! Thank you all. Not that it benefits me in any way, but it's encouraging at least.

Last, but not least, I will make sure to find time and finally update the OP with some info.

CPUs tested: 1800X, 1600AF, 3000G, 240GE, 3900X on Crosshair VI Hero running latest bios 7803.

View attachment 2464043 View attachment 2464044
Great work, love the dark GUI.

Still, this version does not show CLDO VDDG value, same with the previous one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Version 1.2.0 working nice with 3800X and C6H:

·
Banned
1,957 Posts
Very nice. Thank you!

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Banned
1,957 Posts
Version 1.2.1 is finally available on the site. Has a full Vermeer support.
I can provide logs from the 5600X, 5800X, 5950X. Let me know if you need them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
in the new version VDDG CCD shows as na. I have it set to 1000mv in bios. here is debug report

Attachments

121 - 140 of 202 Posts