Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So much micromanagement...

And the fact that you have to click on the larva THEN make units seems redundant. They could have easily kept the larva but just let you create units from the hatchery. Also the queens should be able to have the larva-spawning thing on autocast.

·
PC Evangelist
46,942 Posts
They are hard to use for begging but if you play random between 3 races you will start to understand zerg. I left them for last because i wanted to see Terrans/ Prot first and exploit there weaknesses which i could learn with zerg. Yes they need much higher APM the pt or tr.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
I can't seem to grasp zerg either

I really want to play them though

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomDash View Post
Zerg is so easy to pick up.. I don't understand you guys.
I never know when to make drones and when to make units. Either I have more money than I can spend and not enough units, or too many units and not enough drones.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Keep power droning until you know if a attack is coming or you want to attack. Then build units. Having too much minerals is lack of knowing what to build. And practice is key. You have to get the timings down.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiru View Post
I never know when to make drones and when to make units. Either I have more money than I can spend and not enough units, or too many units and not enough drones.
I power drones pretty hard. I recommend having Zerglings outside their base, if you see them moving out, pump lings or w/e. Zerg is a good reaction race.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Quote:

I power drones pretty hard. I recommend having Zerglings outside their base, if you see them moving out, pump lings or w/e. Zerg is a good reaction race.
This is true. Also a very good rush race, early ling/banling rush can cripple any opponent.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have been using zerg as a rush race, but in a 1v1 I get beaten almost every time. They don't seem to have an effective all around unit (besides the hydra and muta). They also lack a decent ultimate unit since both the brood lord and ultralisk only hit ground units. It would be nice to have something that can easily counter a void ray spam or banshee/battle cruiser spam besides counter spamming with infestors, which if they have a ground army is useless.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

I never rush, ever. Power hard everytime. 14 pool 15 hatch EVERY game.
Can I have a typical ZvP and ZvT replay please? I mean I could download pro stuff but they've got all that fancy stuff I can't be bothered to take into account.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Quote:

Can I have a typical ZvP and ZvT replay please? I mean I could download pro stuff but they've got all that fancy stuff I can't be bothered to take into account.
Check out both the HDStarcraft and Husky channels on youtube. You can learn quite a bit from watching the replays. They don't just do the pro stuff. They do just regular players as well. They have so many videos and a ton of useful info as to how you should play.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Quote:

Maybe I'll play on my Z account tonight. I don't have any on hand.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yea I agree. zerg is kind of hard, even though i'm normally busting out those roaches like mad and some hydras i still seem to get dominated. Dont unerstand it lol. and i'm not a noob at the game either, been playing SC since broodwar came out with my cousins. But might just be me lol

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nvidiagamer View Post
Check out both the HDStarcraft and Husky channels on youtube. You can learn quite a bit from watching the replays. They don't just do the pro stuff. They do just regular players as well. They have so many videos and a ton of useful info as to how you should play.
Watching a VOD isn't the same as having a replay you can watch from every angle (mostly the production angle).

Quote:

Maybe I'll play on my Z account tonight. I don't have any on hand.
Thanks!

·
Registered
697 Posts
The issue I have while playing zerg is my macro is awful. It's hard for me to keep using all of my queens efficiently for the whole game. And of course, the more expansions you have, the more annoying this becomes.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by goat View Post
The issue I have while playing zerg is my macro is awful. It's hard for me to keep using all of my queens efficiently for the whole game. And of course, the more expansions you have, the more annoying this becomes.
I bind all of my hatcheries to 5 when im massing units and want them called into the same rally. You can also set individual rally points at the minerals for drones so all you have to do is hit 5, s, d and they'll go to the mineral patches at each base.

Use 6,7... and so on for individual hatcheries and hit space(or press each number twice) to quickly get to each hatchery. The queen should be right there for injection.

That's how I do it, anyway. Works great. Easy to manage base while attacking, or whatever.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts