Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ello friends. I've been running a Whitelist SMP server since late ALPHA for myself and a few friends.

Its a very small, moderately active, but very friendly community and we really enjoy the dynamic we have going on more than in the hugely popular servers where people screw things up constantly and there are so many mods installed that half the original game no longer works, or the tiny ones that are just grief filled lag holes.

That said, quite a few of our members have recently become unable to play, rendering the server a wee bit too quiet.

As such, I am opening up the server to a small number of new members. I would prefer OCN members since you guys tend to be great but anyone is welcome providing they can agree to the server rules and in general display good behavior.

So without making this wall of text any larger than needed, all relevant information can be found HERE.

This may require a wee bit of searching and initiate for any prospective members but I assure you it is nothing that any of you can not do. Consider it a more human approach to the "captcha" and "click here to agree" if it helps any

Feel free to ask any questions here, or shoot me a PM or email.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
If you want to be added to the official minecraft thread shoot me a PM and I'll add your thread to the server thread links.
smile.gif

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:< I guess no one likes minecraft any more.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The system named ***urou in my sig. 25/10 fiber connection

I might just move my Vertex into it since its just collecting dust in this rig.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good news - the vertex has just been flashed to a vertex turbo and will indeed be the new home of the server's minecraft files.

Bad news - that isnt going to get done until I fix my current issues with my sigrig (BSOD at windows install environment load up).

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New site, application form, and what not at Zeroelite.net
biggrin.gif

Bit rough around the edges but I'm pressed for time these days and its functional as it is. It'll get fancier as I have time to do so.

·
Registered
816 Posts
using an ssd, for minecraft?
if so say goodbye to that ssd, with all the writes it does

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by townending;14157814
using an ssd, for minecraft?
if so say goodbye to that ssd, with all the writes it does
It wont die any quicker than the MTBF of a spindle drive under the same conditions. The fear-mongering with SSDs is just silly.

The real question is how many NON-SSD-Equipped servers do you know where you can blow off over 100k TNT without causing the server to even hiccup?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero4549;14157887
It wont die any quicker than the MTBF of a spindle drive under the same conditions. The fear-mongering with SSDs is just silly.

The real question is how many NON-SSD-Equipped servers do you know where you can blow off over 100k TNT without causing the server to even hiccup?
my server can do the tnt as well and it has an ide drive,but thats beside the point. you do know an ssd has a limited amount of writes where as a spindle drive does not. the absurd amounts of writes a minecraft server does will deplete those very quickly

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with you Zero. There is way too much fear being spread about SSD write degradation.

Anyways, put in an app. Would appreciate a PM if Im accepted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts