Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a used zotac 970 but one of the fans is broken. The card works fine but I contacted zotac and they said they don't sell the fans separately and the card has no warranty. I actually installed a old fan I had on a old card but it's stuck on 100 which is annoying.any coolers you guys reccomend?

And btw I tried changing the fan speeds and it didn't work they are just stuck at 100

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
check the 4 pins on the fan. for pwm fans, they are ground, +12v, tach, and pwm. The tach is a return signal from teh fan to the computer that tells it how fast it's spinning. for dual fans and fan splitters, only one fan's tach wire is connected in order to prevent issues.

while you might be using 2 different fans which may spin at different speeds at the same duty cycle, make sure that only one fan's tach wire is connected to the graphics card fan header.

hopefully that should fix it, or get it workable.

i had a similar issue with my evga 970 that had a fan go out (and unfortunately for me, was EVER SO SLIGHTLY damaged in shipping so they wouldn't RMA it) replaced the fans with some from another acx model card and it was back to working like new. although i did notice that even though it should have the 0db function where the fans would stop, the fans from the 780ti i swapped from did not allow this feature.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there thanks for the quick reply, the fan I hooked up to it is only a 2 pin fan so I just hooked it up like in the pic, black to black and red to yellow. Don't really know what the green and blue cable are for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts