Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
nice where did you get it? also you choose the abyssus over it, but i have a hard ti me finding a pad my abyssus dont jitter o, so which you reccomend?

as for pads for the zowie am was there any jitter or other problems on a black qck?

·
Registered
564 Posts
you said that @ 1000hz the max perfect control speeds are as follows
450dpi 2.9 m/s
1150dpi 2.6 m/s
2300dpi 3.3 m/s
what about 500hz ? you said it's worse but i see no numbers, did you actually test for neg accel at that polling rate ?
very informative review btw, i thought 1150dpi setting was more reliable than 450 for fast swipes, are you sure there's no jitter at 2300dpi ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramla777 View Post

Around 40inches per 360 cs/css/quakelive. http://www.zowiegear.dk/ is where it was ordered from.
Thanks for your review,
Being a very low sens player,what speed you hit in game ?

Is there a software to estimate these speeds accurately?i 'm wandering what speed i hit (45 cm per 360)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave View Post

Thanks for your review,
Being a very low sens player,what speed you hit in game ?
Is there a software to estimate these speeds accurately?i 'm wandering what speed i hit (45 cm per 360)
In the review he said he could/would switch to the AM if it's tracking speed was a bit higher, so I'm guessing anywhere from 3.5-4 m/s. Guessing is pretty much all you can do, as I doubt there's something you could leave running while you game that would keep track of that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice! Thanks for this! So would it be best if you would set your DPI to 2300 and then adjust your in-game sens? I am a pretty high sens player (I guess around 14-18 cm per 360).

·
Registered
75 Posts
The perfect control speeds don't seem that bad to me at all. Well except the 1150 one. But In perspective this thing's perfect control speed is twice as high as the popular intelli 1.1 and 3.0 from microsoft.

According to this http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=14 It's perfect control speed is even higher than the mx518, which I personally could never make skip even once nor hit negative accel on.

When actually gaming (normally) do you hit those speeds you mentioned?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalous View Post

The perfect control speeds don't seem that bad to me at all. Well except the 1150 one. But In perspective this thing's perfect control speed is twice as high as the popular intelli 1.1 and 3.0 from microsoft.
According to this http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=14 It's perfect control speed is even higher than the mx518, which I personally could never make skip even once nor hit negative accel on.
he may hit them with 40"/360 but i dont know if he meant centimeters cause 40 inches is the slowest i heard of.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Quote:

sujoy [ESR] tested the mx518 at 1600dpi, its sensor is 400-800cpi native, if he tested at lower dpi then the max perfect control speed would be much higher

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFGR View Post

sujoy [ESR] tested the mx518 at 1600dpi, its sensor is 400-800cpi native, if he tested at lower dpi then the max perfect control speed would be much higher
518 (A3080) should be 400-1600 native w/ counts halved from 1600 to produce a 800 CPI step.

518 V2 (A3080E) was 800-1800 with counts halved from 800 according to a Logitech engineer.

G400 (S3095) is 800-3600 with counts halved from both 800 and 3600 to produce 400 and 1800 CPI steps.

Max speed tends to be higher at lower CPI steps with most mice. Deathadder and the Zowie AM somehow voided that rule.

·
Registered
414 Posts
450dpi 2.9 m/s
1150dpi 2.6 m/s
2300dpi 3.3 m/s

How did you come up with these numbers?
Quote:

There's no point comparing these with Sujoy's results. Most likely Ramla tested with a software program like Enotus, which is highly inaccurate.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFGR View Post

I was just about to post this. Using enotus on my 1600DPI MX518 the 800 and 1600 steps match Sujoy's findings but at 400 DPI it can track at twice that speed.

I think its unfortunate to hear that the button problem WAS real just like the Mico and that the perfect control speed is still less than that of much older mice. I'm still going to throw $60 at Zowie though, even If I have to file the buttons down and be forced to use the 2300 CPI step.

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

I was just about to post this. Using enotus on my 1600DPI MX518 the 800 and 1600 steps match Sujoy's findings but at 400 DPI it can track at twice that speed.
I think its unfortunate to hear that the button problem WAS real just like the Mico and that the perfect control speed is still less than that of much older mice. I'm still going to throw $60 at Zowie though, even If I have to file the buttons down and be forced to use the 2300 CPI step.
That means Sujoy's testing is kinda flawed as his test only represent max resolutions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for review!
I do believe you should clean your mousepad before making Perfect Control tests. It may cause inaccurate results.
2.9m/s Perfect control at 450 DPI is pretty good TBH. I'm pretty sure it'll be enough for me. I do ~24cm per 360.
I hope HiiYaa will post his review pretty soon, coz this point I'm pretty sure I'll order AM as soon as it shows in my country.

Btw. Ramla your the reason I didn't bought Mamba, and I'm thankful for that.
smile.gif

Keep up the good work.!

1 - 20 of 714 Posts