Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have been using the sensei for a long time until it died. Recently, I tried the nixeus revel and liked the shape better than sensei ( feel a little smaller and fits my hand better ) but not the mouse buttons. They are too sensitive. I play cs go and it's harder for me to tap firing continuously. So I'm looking to try the fk series since I heard they use heavier switches? Is it true? Should I get the fk1 or fk2 if I really like the revel' shape? Also, did zowie upgraded their fk series with 3360 sensor like with EC? I use palm grip and my hand size is around 16cm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The perception of how stiff the mouse buttons are is usually the shell design rather than the switched used. If you were to take the switches out and press them (i.e. touching the stem itself), you will find it hard to tell the difference unless you know what to look for.

To answer your question, yes Zowie shell design makes their mouse buttons feel stiffer, particularly the FK series.

No, Zowie only have 3360s for their EC shapes. Given Zowie's pace, I wouldn't hold my breath for them refreshing their other shapes anytime soon.

If your hand size is truly "around 16cm", then I would suggest the FK2, unless you really like the feel of having a big mouse in your small hand.

The peak of the FK's hump is a touch lower than the Revel, so you might find it a bit difficult to fully palm the mouse. It might be possible with the larger FK1 and your smaller hand size.

Here are the measurements for the FK1 and 2.

https://www.benqdirect.com/media/wysiwyg/measurements-FK-series.jpg

Nixeus lists the Revel's approximate size as "125mm (4.92″) x 68mm (2.68″) x 39mm (1.54″)".

http://www.nixeus.com/product/revel-gaming-mouse/
Ty for your answer. Yea, I'm pretty sure my hand is maximum 16cm lol. I have always been using mice bigger than my hand size from ie 3.0 to sensei. Tried the revel and it feels better than the sensei for me. Since the switches is like you said, should I try the dm1 pro s? Even though they also use omron like the revel.

·
Mouse addict
760 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions on which FK to get for claw grip? Hand size is 18.5 by 9.
I can only speak from my experience. FK1 felt right for my 19x10 cm hand, so I imagine that the FK2 should be most suited for your hand size (especially for a more aggressive/arched claw grip).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts