Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I hope that I'm not the only one who has this problem ... :/

I bought the new Zowie FK2 2016 Edition last week and I had the feeling that the tracking was very inconsistent while playing CS:GO. Now I just randomly realized, that the mice isn't tracking anymore when it's sideways.

I've took a video and few pictures to visualize:

Video: https://streamable.com/1r41

The first drawing is with mice at normal position like this:

Second drawing turning to this:

And third from normal to this:

Does anyone know if this behaviour is intended or is it a bug and know what's causing it?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mch3 View Post

Hi guys,

I hope that I'm not the only one who has this problem ... :/

I bought the new Zowie FK2 2016 Edition last week and I had the feeling that the tracking was very inconsistent while playing CS:GO. Now I just randomly realized, that the mice isn't tracking anymore when it's sideways.

I've took a video and few pictures to visualize:

Video: https://streamable.com/1r41

The first drawing is with mice at normal position like this:

Second drawing turning to this:

And third from normal to this:

Does anyone know if this behaviour is intended or is it a bug and know what's causing it?

Thanks for any help.
Mousepad pattern maybe?

Edit: Have you tried changing the lift-off modes? It definitely shouldn't be doing that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0uz View Post

Mousepad pattern maybe?

Edit: Have you tried changing the lift-off modes? It definitely shouldn't be doing that.
Good hint, I've tried it with an Qck Heavy and it does track when sideways, but very unresponsive. It seems like the sensor is kinda broken.

Edit: Do you know how? There is no setting for that in the manual or on the website.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:

Good hint, I've tried it with an Qck Heavy and it does track when sideways, but very unresponsive. It seems like the sensor is kinda broken.

Edit: Do you know how? There is no setting for that in the manual or on the website.
Yeah, it seems to be a hidden feature.

Plastic pad mode: Hold Mouse4 and RMB when plugging in
Cloth pad mode: Hold Mouse4 and LMB when plugging in
"Original" mode: Hold Mouse4 and LMB+RMB when plugging in (LOD is apparently much higher with this setting but still low)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Mousepad pattern maybe?

Quote:

"Original" mode: Hold Mouse4 and LMB+RMB when plugging in (LOD is apparently much higher with this setting but still low)
I've just looked at an old FK1 review thread and tried their combinations (which are the same like yours). The problem is gone with original and cloth pad mode
smile.gif
I must have changed that accidentally to plastic pad mode.

Thanks for the quick help!
heart.gif
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:

I've just looked at a FK1 review thread and tried their combinations (which are the same like yours). It works like a charme now
smile.gif
I must have changed that accidentally.

heart.gif
thumb.gif
Good to hear it's not buggered
wink.gif
I don't think you'd have accidentally changed it. Maybe it was just a minor tracking error that needed reset.

Edit: Maybe someone else can test the new 2016 Zowie's for similar issues? Might not just have been your model but hopefully it was.

·
Mouse lover
2,881 Posts
Quote:

Good to hear it's not buggered
wink.gif
I don't think you'd have accidentally changed it. Maybe it was just a minor tracking error that needed reset.

Edit: Maybe someone else can test the new 2016 Zowie's for similar issues? Might not just have been your model but hopefully it was.
It could have easily come out of production like that or he could of accidentally pressed them when plugging it in

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:

I've just looked at an old FK1 review thread and tried their combinations (which are the same like yours). The problem is gone and it works now
smile.gif
I must have changed that accidentally.

heart.gif
thumb.gif
and wich mode have been set now? Cloth one?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by suneatshours86 View Post

and wich mode have been set now? Cloth one?
Oh, sorry, forgot to mention. Yeah, I've set it to default, but cloth mode also works, because I didn't like the lod in default.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention. Yeah, I've set it to default, but cloth mode also works, because I didn't like the lod in default.
Umm... edit needed?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wish I knew about this before i returned my ZA12. Had kind of the same issue with the Zowie BenQ ZA12 - it randomly stopped tracking for about half a second.
My replacement ZA12 had a really spongy LMB so I returned it too.

Before I bought the ZA12, I had a Zowie BenQ EC1-A with a defect scroll wheel.

Either the QC is really bad, or I have been really unlucky

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

I know this forum is really old, but I just want to thank you. I have been searching for days for a solution to this and it immediately fixed it when I changed to cloth pad mode!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts