Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post

Great choice, and the new mice looking sexy.. just curious why they kept the white scroll for the EC?
Its not white, its "transparent"ish. Changes color depending on dpi

·
Registered
230 Posts
because of benq's Investment in zowie i guess, they're refreishing their entire product line and go with this black / bit of red only. Switches are a matter of taste of coure, personally i find omrons not only less tiring, but less risk to move the mouse a few pixels from the force required to click. that's why the g303's buttons are excellent imo.

·
Mehehe!
2,782 Posts
Yes...

While initially I didn't mind the old switches, I can't move back to them after using a G303 for a month, I keep messing up controlled bursts.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,704 Posts
It would be great if BenQ (with help of pixart) get their own sensor tech too. As for omrons, unless they make a thinner shell, buttons will still be pretty damn stiff.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Loved the black/white look they'd been going for. This new look isn't nearly as appealing to me.

As others will say, the Zowie shells are in part responsible for the stiffness of clicks. Even so, omrons are a nice step in the right direction

So....how about a Micro refresh (with sidebuttons)?

·
Clown cursor
306 Posts
Omrons and mechanical scroll encoder? Or I've misunderstood about scroll?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1hka View Post

Omrons and mechanical scroll encoder? Or I've misunderstood about scroll?
Optical encoder like in the ec1 ec2.

ec1-a ec2-a had 24 steps like most mice. Now they go back to 16.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
why would they go back to 16-step scollwheel?
rolleyes.gif

i wonder if they adjusted the switch-depress-sticks for the smaller D2FC omrons, or if they just don't care, and let the buttons have a longer pretravel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
faaaakkkk i got my ec2-a a few months ago and it's still perfect D:
it's not as big as a deal as the FK huanos because the EC's shell makes them easier to click so probably won't be worth for me to upgrade

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirx View Post

because of benq's Investment in zowie i guess, they're refreishing their entire product line and go with this black / bit of red only. Switches are a matter of taste of coure, personally i find omrons not only less tiring, but less risk to move the mouse a few pixels from the force required to click. that's why the g303's buttons are excellent imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

rolleyes.gif
So they can go back to 24 after everyone has "upgraded" again.
thumb.gif

·
Structural design <3
346 Posts
Quote:

rolleyes.gif
You know the bug where the scroll wheel would activate randomly? This is their attempt to "fix" it. Also a good way to empty out old stock.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soo8 View Post

You know the bug where the scroll wheel would activate randomly? This is their attempt to "fix" it. Also a good way to empty out old stock.
I'm probably like the luckiest guy ever, cause I never had that problem while a lot of people complain about the scroll wheel. Is it a defect right out of the box or does it happen over time?

Anyway... eh, 16-step wheel. I was cool with it back then with my old FK but ultimately when I got the EC2-A with the 24-step one I wouldn't want to look back. And I personally like the hard feel of the FK's clicks, I can see the Omrons working amazing with the EC-A series though.

(I woulda still bought one if there was a silver version Kappa)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Quote:

i wonder if they adjusted the switch-depress-sticks for the smaller D2FC omrons, or if they just don't care, and let the buttons have a longer pretravel.
So 6mm instead of 2 ? :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
My issues with the scroll wheel arent it activating randomly (although I've noticed on one of the ZA12's i went through after scrolling down the first up it wouldnt work...)

It's the fact that they feel like they grind and click obnoxiously...not like you're feeling the notches, which is good...but audibly click and have a really nasty feeling and grinding feeling to them :|

1 - 20 of 499 Posts