Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I want to buy a new Zowie mouse and I can't really decide on which one should I get (shape wise).
My hand size is 19cm / 7.5 inch

I tested/owned several mice in the past, most recently: kinzu/rival 300/g100s/sensei
What I liked:
- kinzu's shape & size, and the fact that my hand covered all of it allowing precise wrist movements
- rival 300's ergonomic shape
What I disliked:
- rival 300's weight and the fact that it had a side bump at the bottom
- g100s height (bump in the back) & that it had a V shape in the mid section (lower width closer to the mousepad's surface)
- sensei's length

So judging by this the ZA series is out (bumps), and the battle is between EC2-A & FK2
EC2-A (+): length, ergonomic
? EC2-A (-): height, seems like it has kind of a bump in the mid-section so I suppose I can't wrist control it like my kinzu
FK2 (+): wrist control, low height

So I want personal opinions regarding what I found above using google images.
Does EC2-A feels like g100s regarding the bump or I could easily control it with my wrist? Wrist have to be resting on the mousepad
Would I notice the 5mm difference in the FK2's length?

I wouldn't create such a topic if Zowie had a shop in my country so once I buy it I can't return
rolleyes.gif
sorry
Thanks
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, I'll take it in consideration.
Altough I like very much kinzu's shape afaik the most used mouse by csgo players is EC2-A, that's why I'm thinking about it too.
FK series = 9 players
EC series = 24 players (19 with ec2a)
ZA series = 3 players

Any input regarding the main differences between FK/EC shapes/grip?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55blader View Post

Thanks for the input, I'll take it in consideration.
Altough I like very much kinzu's shape afaik the most used mouse by csgo players is EC2-A, that's why I'm thinking about it too.
FK series = 9 players
EC series = 24 players (19 with ec2a)
ZA series = 3 players

Any input regarding the main differences between FK/EC shapes/grip?
I have not tried the EC series unfortunately, but I think you are right not to consider the ZA series if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One final question: is EC2-A small enough to cover it with my hand in such a way that my fingers will also sit on the mouse pad? The main differences between the 'good' and 'bad' mice I've tested untill now is that on the good ones my hand covers all of it and my fingers are touching/literally sitting on the mouse pad allowing me to make precise wrist movements while the 'bad' ones are too tall/have a bump so my fingers are barely touching the mouse pad and I can't wrist control it the same way.
For an example: good - kinzu, bad - g100s/rival(cuz rival s too big/heavy, not because of it's ergonomic design which I kinda like)
Thanks, repped
thumb.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,114 Posts
The EC2-A is the smaller of the two, with the EC1-A being a very similar size to the DeathAdder. The EC2-A is smaller than the DeathAdder as it is shorter, but it does have a hump similar to the DA or the RIval. My hand is oversized for a DeathAdder (at 21 cm) but I can't drape my fingers all the way to the mouse pad. Definitely not the case with the Rival, either. I have a Kinzu V2 and that is definitely doable. However, I wouldn't say go with a mouse based on what pros use. The FK1 and 2 are more appropriately compared in size/shape/weight to the Kinzu and still have great sensors. They also don't have high, rear-biased humps.

EDIT:

The two pictures below aren't perfect examples, but are of the Rival/Rival 300, DeathAdder Chroma, G502 and the Kinzu V2. It's enough to give you an idea of the hump of the DeathAdder (which has similar dimensions to the ECX-A line). IMO, the Kinzu is a great mouse hindered by a very 'meh' sensor. I haven't had the opportunity to try a V3, however. Hope this can be of some help.


 
  • Rep+
Reactions: 55blader

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

The EC2-A is the smaller of the two, with the EC1-A being a very similar size to the DeathAdder. The EC2-A is smaller than the DeathAdder as it is shorter, but it does have a hump similar to the DA or the RIval. My hand is oversized for a DeathAdder (at 21 cm) but I can't drape my fingers all the way to the mouse pad. Definitely not the case with the Rival, either. I have a Kinzu V2 and that is definitely doable. However, I wouldn't say go with a mouse based on what pros use. The FK1 and 2 are more appropriately compared in size/shape/weight to the Kinzu and still have great sensors. They also don't have high, rear-biased humps.

EDIT:

The two pictures below aren't perfect examples, but are of the Rival/Rival 300, DeathAdder Chroma, G502 and the Kinzu V2. It's enough to give you an idea of the hump of the DeathAdder (which has similar dimensions to the ECX-A line). IMO, the Kinzu is a great mouse hindered by a very 'meh' sensor. I haven't had the opportunity to try a V3, however. Hope this can be of some help.
This really helps me a whole lot. Thanks! I think I'll gamble a little bit and go with the EC2-A just because everyone in CS:GO uses it nowadays. Hope that the small bump will not FEEL as high as on the g100s and I'll be able to wrist control it with ease
biggrin.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,114 Posts
I actually have a EC1-A due to arrive tomorrow so I'll chime in a bit with my experience on that once I get some hours on it. It appears to fix what's *wrong* with the DeathAdder, but we will see
smile.gif
. Glad I was able to help
thumb.gif
!
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: 55blader

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,039 Posts
Best comparison to the EC1-A is the IE3.0 from Microsoft. It's really similar. The EC2-A on the other hand was too small for me and hurt my ring finger when I tried to claw it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

I actually have a EC1-A due to arrive tomorrow so I'll chime in a bit with my experience on that once I get some hours on it. It appears to fix what's *wrong* with the DeathAdder, but we will see
smile.gif
. Glad I was able to help
thumb.gif
!
Can you please come again with a reply about it?And a pic near your kinzu v2. Really apreciate your effort man
biggrin.gif

I'll wait your reply then buy it or the fk
rolleyes.gif
hyped
thumbsupsmiley.png
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top