1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
+Update here

I just had to try it out
biggrin.gif

First impression was that the mouseclick feels great and the sound is great compared to the usual omron switches in most mice. Also I noticed that its the smallest gaming mouse I layed my hands on
biggrin.gif

Sensor:

Zowie mico: I had my worries when I read about the sensor on the zowie site, and because they ignored every time I asked about the sensor on their facebook. But there was no reason to be worried because the tracking is GREAT! I tested the zowie for acceleration and there is none whatsoever. The lift off distance is less than 2cds

Concerning the perfect control speed, I don't have any prober way of testing it so I can't be sure, but it seems to perform much better than the 1,27m/s they wrote on their website as I am able to max out on the imo 1.1 which is at 1,55m/s but weren't able to on the zowie mico

Cm storm spawn:
Not much to say other than its FLAWLESS. Although the Lift off distance might actually be too low with the v32 firmware as some people had problems tracking on white mousepads and some light coloured desks

Steelseries kinzu
Alot to say, but nothing good. Its just awful

Shape:

Zowie micoGreat shape that will fit both hands. But it comes with no software so that means it might not be a good idea to use it with the lefthand as there is no way of changing the mouse buttons unless you get a 3rd party software.

Another thing to notice is that it If you are using palm grip you can't use this mouse unless you are less than 10years old. Even with my small hands its almost too small for my clawgrip

Cm storm spawn Very interesting shape as its almost as wide as its long. Its very comfortable though and I would describe the shape as for clawgrip but with added comfort for the ring and little finger

Steelseries kinzu
Great shape too although if you have your hands too far on the back the buttons become hard to press

Weight:

Zowie mico At just 68g this mouse is perfect for people who want a light mouse as possible

Cm storm spawnIt got its weight to be 85g which is the heaviest of the 3 mice but still, its not too heavy for quick movements and feel almost as nimble and fast as the zowie mico

Steelseries kinzu Just 77g but feels much heaver because the feet are just plastic that doesn't glide well on anything, and the cord is stiff which make it feel even heavier.

Build quality, coating and the cord:

Zowie mico Seem to be very high. Its small and low weight but doesn't feel cheap at all. The coating is probally the best I ever layed my hands on and gives you ALOT of grip.

The cord is quite thick but not the least bit stiff. As soon as i took the mouse out of the box the cord was already straight

cm storm spawn Great build quality too. There only seem to be coating on the mouse button 1 +2 though but nothing to worry about as theres some rubber on the sides that I doubt will ever come off

The cord is the thickest of the 3mice and seem a bit stiffer than the zowie mico, because even after using this mouse for a month it still hasn't straighten up

Steelseries kinzuAlso great build quality. But the mousewheel look like the cheapest you can find. The coating seem durable too as my mother had this mouse for a year without any sign of wear

The cord is the stiffest of the 3

The buttons and scrollwheel:

Zowie mico This is where the mico wins. It seems to use another kind of switch that I never experienced the like before. The feedback is great and the sound is great.

Mouse button 1+2 is easier to press than the kinzu but harder to press than on the cm storm spawn. The scrollwheel is the easiest to press of the 3mice but gives little to no feedback

Cm storm spawn omron switches for the mouse button 1+2 and the scrollwheel. Mouse button 1+2 are very easy to press which I love but the dpi buttons might be too easy to press. The scrollwheel is a little harder to press than the zowie mico and it gives great feedback

Steelseries kinzu Kinda weird, because they are hard to press if you have your hands too far back on the mouse and easier to press on the front of the mouse

the scrollwheel look cheap and feel cheap

Software

Zowie mico Its as every gaming mouse should be. NO software
biggrin.gif

Cm storm spawn Simple. Its easy to change the buttons, create short macros, update the firmware and change the polling rate. Note that this is the only mouse where you can actually update the firmware

Steelseries kinzu Awful... Half the time it doesn't do anything when you try to apply changes for the mouse and the rest of the time it apply the wrong settings
confused.gif

Size comparison
imag0019rs.jpg
imag0020ek.jpg

imag0022jq.jpg

imag0023yoi.jpg

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
awesome thanks

I probably would have picked one of these up if I hadn't just re-adjusted to 1000 dpi. I would prefer to not have to drop down to 800 or something.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Good job on the review. A couple questions though,

1. Does the Mico have prediction?

2. Is the Mico's perfect control speed decently higher than the IMO's? At or a hair over 2m/s is all I need.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp;13785690
Good job on the review. A couple questions though,

1. Does the Mico have prediction?

2. Is the Mico's perfect control speed decently higher than the IMO's? At or a hair over 2m/s is all I need.
1. Doesn't seem so. If there is its very very slight

micof.jpg

2. It definately higher but I don't have any means of accurately measuring it. All I can say is that easily can get the IMO to lose tracking while I haven't managed to do so with the zowie mico

Overall I still prefer the spawn though

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitally;13785452
lol, qck+ fnatic as keyboard\palm rest. i does that to my qck too :x

on topic: any distant need to travel before the "click" - i don't know how to question this jeez.
Like mechanical keyboards? Theres no travel distance
tongue.gif
its instant

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aGeno;13787601
spawn has the best sensor of these i guess
It has the best sensor on the planet thats for sure.

I might have wrote this review too positive about the zowie mico as people are calling me a fanboy on esreality
biggrin.gif
But the truth is that I still prefer the cm storm spawn

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Thanks alot of the review..
But Still, I sure I dont want the Zowie..maybe its sensor is flawless but I think that it will need suit my needs well (not precise as A3090), the same about the shape - not suit my hand well, look too small and its make me angry to think that why to make such a small mouse.

The Spawn is the best mouse for claw grippers - that for sure in 100%.

the Kinzu? only goods is the shape and its metrials and the LoD.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So zowie mico is the best fingertip and the cm spawn is the best claw grip?

The cm spawn seems kind of big and wide and might feel really awkward to hold..

Between the mico, cm spawn, and the abyssus, which one would you say is the best for clawgrip?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I really wish these mice would come out in the US already. I really, really want to try the Spawn and the Mico.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDawn
View Post

So zowie mico is the best fingertip and the cm spawn is the best claw grip?

The cm spawn seems kind of big and wide and might feel really awkward to hold..

Between the mico, cm spawn, and the abyssus, which one would you say is the best for clawgrip?

I like the cm storm spawn the best beccause its more comfortable for me, the mouse buttons are easier to click and it has the best sensor you can possibly get

the zowie mico would be better for fingertip as its symmetrical

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylit
View Post

Does your spawn have a standard cable? Because I would prefer that over the braided cable shown on their actual website...http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/spawn/

Anyway, both the Spawn and Mico are on my "to try" list.

Thank you.

It does have standard cable.. or atleast thats what they released to us here in my country

·
Registered
241 Posts
Both of my Spawns came with a standard mouse cable, it's not sheathed with braided cloth. Looks like a PVC sheath to me, and normal thickness, not skinny like some Razers. Stiffness/flexibility is average. The cable seems to be a run-of-the-mill mouse cable, like you would find on a Microsoft or a non-gaming Logitech corded mouse. In other words, there's nothing wrong with the cable, but it isn't anything special either. What is special about the Spawn is the ergonomic claw design, the excellent sensor, relatively light weight and the solid build quality. Since the Ver. 32 beta firmware came out, this has really become my favorite mouse, I can't find fault with it any more.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
CM storm spawn's cable. I like the thin razer cords the best but this is still better than braided. Not sure what idiot thought braided cords were needed on a mouse but the idea really stuck... (Durability isn't a valid excuse, its a freaking mouse)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can you post the mouse hz results with the zowie mico?
I saw on another review that it didn't keep 500hz consistantly which would be sad for a mouse that sounds promising. : (

1 - 20 of 217 Posts