Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 30GB zune from a fellow member for $70. I hooked it up and am letting it charge. I downloaded x64 software from the zune site and installed it. Installed fine, but when I go to launch it, it fails. I just get that message saying "Microsoft Zune has stopped working"

Anyone have this issue before?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sledgehammer1990
View Post

I can't install a 32bit version. When I try, it says " The version of the Zune software doesn't support 64-bit systems."

You are running a 32bit version? Where did you get it from?

I downloaded it from the Zune site, run in Xp compatibility.

·
Overclocker
4,180 Posts
I had the same problem with the software...I know you might not do it...but I had to reformat my xp hd and reinstall xp to finally get it installed and running. Now when I have time I have to do the same with the hd with Vista so that I could install it..

My folding rig had no problems but I don't use so that the ppd will not go down..

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Try download the package that has the x86 and the x64 installer files. That should allow you to download it.

I had this issue too, I believe I had some services that were stopping the installation from completing. Set all your services back to default and see if that helps as well.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I had this problem whenever I had MSN running. Do you? Or actually...a game that I played would also stop it from working. The game was gunz. It was P2P based...so any Limewire type applications should probably be closed. I would also run it as administrator.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH0 View Post
Try download the package that has the x86 and the x64 installer files. That should allow you to download it.

I had this issue too, I believe I had some services that were stopping the installation from completing. Set all your services back to default and see if that helps as well.
what do you mean setting all of my services back to default?

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Did you "tweak" your services? Like change any from their default setting to disabled or manual?

You need to set them back to the defaults of when you install the OS, are run Black Viper's Service Registry program.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
u try installing it on a diffrent HD?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sledgehammer1990 View Post
Well, this cable was just bought today and I just reformatted. Got all of my drivers installed and Zune installed. It's working great now. Loading all of my music now.
good to hear, sucks that you had to do a re-install.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts