Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › "BLInitializeLibrary Failed" - An error message shown during POST of Maximus VIII HERO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"BLInitializeLibrary Failed" - An error message shown during POST of Maximus VIII HERO

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
"BLInitializeLibrary Failed 0xc000009a"

WvEpJJ5h.jpg

I really hope that you guys could help me.

I saw this error message a few days before, and it recurs today unfortunately. So far this error happened when I exit UEFI, including exit without saving or save&exit. The details of what I have done are as follows:

- updating BIOS using ASUS's USB Flashback feature
- clearing CMOS by clicking on-board red CLR_CMOS button once
- entering UEFI to secure erase my SSDs
- selecting to boot from my inserted windows installation USB under boot tab
- THE ERROR HAPPENED

It also happens another time when I intend to boot into OS. So I believe the error would not be caused by either my USB nor OS (windows 8.1 with update). But I can still boot into OS or the USB after I reset my system.

I have done some research about BLInitializeLibrary. I just learnt it initializes boot loaders so the UEFI can search for OS and boot-into it. I saw some people using motherboards from other brands have also experienced this error before. So I wonder if it is a bug of UEFI caused by unknown reasons of bootloader initialization.

I would be grateful if ASUS (maybe Raja) and you guys can give me some idea of how the error can be solved...Thanks
post #2 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilasAC View Post

"BLInitializeLibrary Failed 0xc000009a"

WvEpJJ5h.jpg

I really hope that you guys could help me.

I saw this error message a few days before, and it recurs today unfortunately. So far this error happened when I exit UEFI, including exit without saving or save&exit. The details of what I have done are as follows:

- updating BIOS using ASUS's USB Flashback feature
- clearing CMOS by clicking on-board red CLR_CMOS button once
- entering UEFI to secure erase my SSDs
- selecting to boot from my inserted windows installation USB under boot tab
- THE ERROR HAPPENED

It also happens another time when I intend to boot into OS. So I believe the error would not be caused by either my USB nor OS (windows 8.1 with update). But I can still boot into OS or the USB after I reset my system.

I have done some research about BLInitializeLibrary. I just learnt it initializes boot loaders so the UEFI can search for OS and boot-into it. I saw some people using motherboards from other brands have also experienced this error before. So I wonder if it is a bug of UEFI caused by unknown reasons of bootloader initialization.

I would be grateful if ASUS (maybe Raja) and you guys can give me some idea of how the error can be solved...Thanks
The error shows that is most probably an OS problem, not BIOS one. BIOS doesn't use any kind of librarires as far i know, and it won't show the error message in this way. Reformat your HDD and reinstall your OS and try again.
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku4eto View Post

The error shows that is most probably an OS problem, not BIOS one. BIOS doesn't use any kind of librarires as far i know, and it won't show the error message in this way. Reformat your HDD and reinstall your OS and try again.

I dont think it is the problem of OS. The error also happens when I have already secure erased all my harddrives (SSDs) then boot into Windows installation USB...
post #4 of 26
Try removing all storage devices, and leave only 1 empty. Then reset BIOS settings and try booting again.
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop PC
(22 items)
 
ASUS ROG G72GX
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8320 ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
XFX RX470 Singlefan Mushkin Redline 996996 2x4GB 2133Mhz Maxtor 6Y080L0 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Maxtor 250GB 7200RPM 8MB Corsair Force LS WesternDigital Blue 500GB 7200RPM 16MB ASUS DVD-RW 
CoolingOSOSOS
ThermalTake Frio Silent 14 Windows 10 Enterprise Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa OphCrack 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS228HR Logitech K120 Corsair VS650 ThermalTake View 27 
MouseAudio
Bloody V5 Corsair HS30 Raptor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 G72GX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M  Hyundai Electronics  
RAMRAM
Hyundai Electronics  Hyundai Electronics  
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 26
I had this issue before. I don't remember how I fixed it. I think I had disabled fast startup or set the fast startup to fast. This was on a gigabyte board, weird how the exact same error you're having I had it before. You could also try enabling CSM (Compatibility Support Module) if you haven't already and see if that helps.
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamen50 View Post

I had this issue before. I don't remember how I fixed it. I think I had disabled fast startup or set the fast startup to fast. This was on a gigabyte board, weird how the exact same error you're having I had it before. You could also try enabling CSM (Compatibility Support Module) if you haven't already and see if that helps.

Both Fast Boot and CSM is enabled by default in ASUS ROG board
post #7 of 26
Silas,
I have the exact same problem on GA-Z97X-UD5H BK Gigabyte board. I'm fine when save and exit but exit without saving ends up at BLInitializeLibrary failed 0xc000009a. Updated, downdated, cleared, restored bios, with or without CMS, all permutations but no win.
Any comments or solutions since then?
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagan View Post

Silas,
I have the exact same problem on GA-Z97X-UD5H BK Gigabyte board. I'm fine when save and exit but exit without saving ends up at BLInitializeLibrary failed 0xc000009a. Updated, downdated, cleared, restored bios, with or without CMS, all permutations but no win.
Any comments or solutions since then?
I have the same Gigabyte motherboard and also the same error by leaving the Bios without saving.
I think its caused by the EFI Bootmanager ( inclusisive Winload.efi )
Has anyone a solution?
post #9 of 26
Have you found what the issue was with BLInitializeLibrary Failed ?
I have the same board and same issue now :S
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXes View Post

Have you found what the issue was with BLInitializeLibrary Failed ?
I have the same board and same issue now :S

Have this exact same issue when I exit from bios without saving changes on my motherboard too. Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK.
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Computer
(19 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Asustek P5Q-PRO Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Kingston DDR2 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1 TB Pioneer Noctua NH-U9B Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell Monitor Logitech G110 Antec 750W Thermaltake Aluminium Old Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Generic Mousepad Soundblaster 5.1 VX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › "BLInitializeLibrary Failed" - An error message shown during POST of Maximus VIII HERO