Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club - Page 460

post #4591 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Asrock is the way to go. Had an Asrock z68 Fatal1ty Pro. That's when they started to churn out some sweet motehrboards and they've been getting better ever since. No problems at all with my x370 Asrock Fatal1ty Pro as of yet. thumb.gif

From my perspective, no X370 boards are safe at this point. Not Asrock, not MSI, not Biostar, not Gigabyte.

The only ones who have acknowledged that the bricking issue exists come out and said we have fixed it, are Asus.
post #4592 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbringer View Post

From my perspective, no X370 boards are safe at this point. Not Asrock, not MSI, not Biostar, not Gigabyte.

The only ones who have come out and said "we have fixed the bricking issue", are Asus.
I haven't read about any Asrock Taichi or Asrock Fata1ty boards bricking. Not saying it hasn't happened.
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4593 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Asrock is the way to go. Had an Asrock z68 Fatal1ty Pro. That's when they started to churn out some sweet motehrboards and they've been getting better ever since. No problems at all with my x370 Asrock Fatal1ty Pro as of yet. thumb.gif

agree. i've used evga and gigabyte with intel 4790k. Built a x99 system for my brother with asrock tai chi and was impressed with the stability.

I have had problems with intel evga and gigabyte in the past but i am really loving my asrock x370 killer.
post #4594 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

I haven't read about any Asrock Taichi or Asrock Fata1ty boards bricking. Not saying it hasn't happened.

If it was happening, they would probably not tell anyone, until they quietly release a fix.

Asus just got put on the spotlight as many reviewers got a C6H and they probably sold the most boards as well.
post #4595 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbringer View Post

From my perspective, no X370 boards are safe at this point. Not Asrock, not MSI, not Biostar, not Gigabyte.

The only ones who have acknowledged that the bricking issue exists come out and said we have fixed it, are Asus.

any reports of brick asrock boards?
post #4596 of 11578
No motherboard made is idiot proof.
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4597 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbringer View Post


At this point, I have to assume, the issue is caused by something in the basic design of all X370 boards provided by AMD.

Asus have probably just sold the most boards, gotten the most feedback and fixed it first. Others like Gigabyte, Asrock or MSI might not even know the issue exists at this point. And if they knew, they would probably never tell anyone and just quietly release a bios fix sometime down the road.


Some additional info on how the issue occured, which might help narrow things down:
- both, C6H and G7K have external clock generators
- on both boards the ref clock was set to 129
- on both boards the soc voltage was about 1.1V
- CPU clock voltage was 1.4V-1.425V
- memory voltage was 1.4V
- memory speed was 3200 MHz and or higher
- issue occured during boot, on C6H it showed "bios update in progress", on G7K it showed "bios was reset"

Could be a lot of issues, youve had 2 brick on you though so who knows what it could be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92blueludesi View Post

still messing around with core parking.

ran three firestrike tests.

1st core parking enabled. balanced. 0%

2nd core parking disabled. balanced. 0%

3rd. core parking disabled. balanced. 0%


http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/12041713/fs/12036816/fs/12035168

not a lot of experience with core parking but some testing doesn't hurt.

Are you overclocked or on stock speeds? Seems like so far, for ryzen and for whatever reason core parking enabled gives better firestrike scores, not sure if that translates to better gaming fps.

But the combined score looks better with core parking disabled so who knows, in your case all the scores are so close to each other.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4598 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92blueludesi View Post

any reports of brick asrock boards?

I have not seen any. Just statistically speaking, the chance is very high, if 2 manufacturers are affected, likely all are.
post #4599 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbringer View Post


At this point, I have to assume, the issue is caused by something in the basic design of all X370 boards provided by AMD.

Asus have probably just sold the most boards, gotten the most feedback and fixed it first. Others like Gigabyte, Asrock or MSI might not even know the issue exists at this point. And if they knew, they would probably never tell anyone and just quietly release a bios fix sometime down the road.


Some additional info on how the issue occured, which might help narrow things down:
- both, C6H and G7K have external clock generators
- on both boards the ref clock was set to 129
- on both boards the soc voltage was about 1.1V
- CPU clock voltage was 1.4V-1.425V
- memory voltage was 1.4V
- memory speed was 3200 MHz and or higher
- issue occured during boot, on C6H it showed "bios update in progress", on G7K it showed "bios was reset"

Could be a lot of issues, youve had 2 brick on you though so who knows what it could be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92blueludesi View Post

still messing around with core parking.

ran three firestrike tests.

1st core parking enabled. balanced. 0%

2nd core parking disabled. balanced. 0%

3rd. core parking disabled. balanced. 0%


http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/12041713/fs/12036816/fs/12035168

not a lot of experience with core parking but some testing doesn't hurt.

Are you overclocked or on stock speeds? Seems like so far, for ryzen and for whatever reason core parking enabled gives better firestrike scores, not sure if that translates to better gaming fps.

That could be temps limiting boost clocks, I'd like to see that tested.
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Shine!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X @ 4125mhz 1.432 Volts MSI X370 Titanium   Fury  G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 pro Hp 1260 I liquid unobtanium Koolance 480mm radiator, 39... Win 7 HP/Winspy 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" hp @ 1900x1200 Logitech G19 PC power and cooling 910 watt silencer Thermaltake P5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech MX 518 fUnc industries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4600 of 11578
edit. delete.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club