Overclock.net banner
3861 - 3880 of 3913 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Thanks. I'm still not sure what card to get. I want the RX 580, but it's hard to find one that will fit.

Maybe I should stick with the 1060?
If you stick within the measurements of the Asus Strix card I posted you should be fine. You can't go any wider though unless the plug is more recessed or you don't run the side window. LOL With that width as a max measurement you need to keep an eye on where the plug/s is/are though. If it sticks out further then the Asus you won't be able to use it because the Asus already causes the cables to touch the side window.

· Registered
Ryzen 5900X. Asus Crosshair VIII Impact + Bitspower Monoblock. NVidia 3090 FE + Bitspower Waterblock
12 Posts

· Amiga 500
11,601 Posts
Slight upgrade for the gf's Air 240 HTPC ; she got my old 290 and ram so it's better color coordinated now :)

· Amiga 500
11,601 Posts
Nice color combo there. Did not think a card that thick could fit=)
(Don't forget to put your rig in your sig so that ppl can see your hardware , and happy posting)

.. the Vapor-X 290 fits great,tho the cables might be touching the side panel when closed but not so much as to warp it or anything..

Here's my little setup, I know a bit late to the show so to speak. Especially given the fact that the updated version (280x) is already in the market. Cheers=)
Nice setup you got there too :thumb:

I like how the 280x looks,but I have a feeling that I'd get worse temps with my current hardware..

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm also digging the looks of the 280x and am very tempted to swap cases. As to your concern with the 280x and temp concerns it would be highly possible to manage those temps by water cooling the GPU. If there is one thing I've learned is the radiator placement in the case can affect the cooling performance of your rig. Just my own experience of course especially with the air240.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi new to the forums. I am building a Ryzen PC, I already have most of the items needed

CPU Ryzen 2600x
Mobo b40m- MSI
GPU Galax 1070 EXOC Sniper White

I am really liking the Corsair air 240, I understand that there is an updated version 280x but I kind of dont like that it has a front glass panel that cannot be removed.

Do you guys think that my GPU would fit in the 240 air? If not, is it possible to do the side panel mod of removing the glass panel and installing it outside?

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi Juansta. Based on the specification info I found from the Galax website it seems you might have issues with closing the side panel.

Your card:-
Dimensions(with Bracket): 296 x 144 x 43 mm
Dimensions(without Bracket): 282 x 128 x 43 mm

Mine:-
Card: 270 x 111 x 40 mm

Even with the smaller dimensions of my card, I find the gpu power cable pressing against the side panel. Modding the acrylic panel to the outside will probably still not be enough to clear the gpu.

The only way you could possibly fit the card if you still want to utilize the Air 240 is to watercool your gpu using the NZXT G10 or G12 kit. This would reduce the dimensions of your current card since the bulk of it is from the shroud of the card. Hope this helps and good luck=)

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks stuff79, I was ready to mod the side panel but decided against it last minute and just got the 280x instead. I really like the dual chamber design of both cases, now I am wondering on how I can remove the front glass panel from the 280x

· Registered
8 Posts
Since it is tempered glass chances are you might end up breaking it or damage the case in the process. What I would suggest is to probably remove the dust filters especially those in the front intake. You could swap those with less restrictive filters if you are determined to have them on though if temps become an issue then its a small sacrifice to maintain good temps. Invest in good intake fans, the Gentle Typhoons would be great as they are very quiet even at full tilt. To my knowledge, I dont know of many RGB fans that perform better than the Gentle Typhoons (non-rgb). The compromise is always up to the end user of course but personally while RGB fans are great they can be utilized in certain areas of the case but I would not use them for rads or my case intake.

· Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the Zotac GTX 1070 Mini will fit in this case?

The specs list the height as 122mm which is slightly more than the max CPU cooler height of the case. But I did read some other posts saying cards up to 130mm will fit. Pretty confused! If someone has experience with this card, I'd greatly appreciate their thoughts.

· Registered
137 Posts
I currently have about a month old build with the 240. The problem is one of the two USB ports is not working.

Could it be the panel is bad?

If I have to get the panel replaced, how good (or bad) is Corsair's customer service? I hope they don't give me a hard time.

· Registered
501 Posts
I currently have about a month old build with the 240. The problem is one of the two USB ports is not working.

Could it be the panel is bad?

If I have to get the panel replaced, how good (or bad) is Corsair's customer service? I hope they don't give me a hard time.
Been there done that. Just file an RMA with them. Hope you have a receipt/invoice though. I've never been able to get them to honor their product without one. Wish they were more like Asus and just went off serial number they actually back their products. Very few other companies do the same.

3861 - 3880 of 3913 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.