Overclock.net banner

Corsair Carbide Air 240/280X Owner's Club

1220499 Views 3912 Replies 643 Participants Last post by  WiLd FyeR
Hello! Welcome to the Corsair Carbide Air 240/280X Case Club @ OCN!! If you would like to join the club, post some pics/ description of your build.

Introduction:
Meet the Carbide Series Air 240 – an extraordinary small form factor PC case for Mini-ITX and MicroATX computers. The eye-catching cube design -- complete with a full side window -- hosts an internal layout optimized for maximum airflow or advanced water-cooling configurations (including a 240mm radiator or two).​

The CORSAIR Crystal Series 280X is a high-performance Micro-ATX case with three beautiful tempered glass panels and an innovative dual-chamber internal layout for clean looks and superior cooling.

Signature Carbide Air styling touches

• Mini-ITX and MicroATX support in a compact size
  • AIR 240- Direct Airflow path cooling
  • AIR 240 - Dimensions: 315mm × 265mm × 400mm (H×W×D) / 12.4in × 10.43in × 15.75in (H×W×D)
  • 280X - Dimensions: 398mm x 276mm x 351mm (H×W×D) / 15.7 x 10.9 x 13.8 inches (H×W×D)

Official Website

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/air240

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...stal-Series-280X/p/CC-9011134-WW#tab-overview

Club Members

Please fill out the info on the Google Docs form, in your post in this thread add a picture of your build and I will add you to the list here in post #1. I've also added a Post # column if you would like to add the number of your thread post or even the direct URL to the post so its easier for people to find your build that would be cool.

Google Docs Spreadsheet for Air 240 Owners
3881 - 3900 of 3913 Posts

· Registered
997 Posts
Have you tried plugging in the USB to another computer? What about the entire keyboard? Could be an issue with the pass thru. What about plugging the USB into the motherboard in back? Same issue or works?

What about other thumb drives? Start eliminating variables like which port, different pc, rear I/O vs front ect.

· Registered
137 Posts
Have you tried plugging in the USB to another computer? What about the entire keyboard? Could be an issue with the pass thru. What about plugging the USB into the motherboard in back? Same issue or works?

What about other thumb drives? Start eliminating variables like which port, different pc, rear I/O vs front ect.
Just the front left port is acting up.

Corsair will be sending me a new I/O panel.

· Registered
41 Posts
So I used to have my system in a TT core v1, but it was so small maintenance was becoming a pain. So I decided to rebuild in a Air 240. I just test fitted my MSI Seahawk 1070 in my vertical gpu mod.

Next up, mounting the reservoir and pump 🙂

New res next to old res:

· Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys,

Upgrading my GPU in this case and I have found this card for a decent price within my budget: MSI AMD Radeon RX 570 Armor 8G.

Will this fit in the case? I see the card is just under 250mm long and the max length the case can fit is way over that, but i have a H80i rad in the front with 120mm push-pull fans on each side of it. Anyone got a similar setup and know if there's any funny cabling requirements round the end of the card? I think it'll fit unless it needs space for a power connector on the very end.
I can reroute hoses for the cooler to avoid the card fairly easily i think.
Cheers for any help.

· Registered
41 Posts
Hi lordsteve,

This is how much clearance I have with a 53mm thick radiator with stock fans in pull config. Please note that my gpu is 275mm, but sits 3-4mm further back than a stock case (so 270ish mm). The h80i is only a 120mm radiator, 45mm thick. Your gpu should fit under that if you put it in the top position, but you still might not be able to do a push/pull depending on your mobo.

Check your GPU width though, a lot of cards fit, but then the power connector will press into the side panel. I wouldn't know myself since I solved that problem with a dremel and a rivet tool lol.

· Registered
13 Posts
Update on Copper Creamery.

Hey guys,
Havent posted any updates on my build in quite some time. I just bought another 1080 ti to pair with my other one in sli. Even got all the watercooling parts for it. In addition bought an ek terminal that connects the two. Waiting for a few LEDs but this is what it looks like so far. Even did all my cables custom and painted the copper ones by hand because mainframe customs doesn't have copper sleeving. I attached pictures of the build and of the custom cable job. Lastly, for any of you that are having trouble with GPU clearance due to the side panel the solution i came up with is fairly easy and looks beautiful. Clear piece of acrylic and some standoffs. If you need more information on how I did it just let me know. Any suggestions/criticisms are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

· Amiga 500
11,601 Posts
Anybody here?

Has anyone tried to add additional 3.5" HDD? I'm maxed out with 3.5" HDD and in need of adding a 4th, but couldn't find a way
Haven't done it myself,but the only way I can see it working is maybe by using a 3 x 5.25 bays dock somehow..For example something like this..I imagine that you can turn off the fan/led easily...You should check the dimensions of something like that and give it a shot..

Otherwise getting 2,5HDDs for your needs and having any SSDs in your system out of the 2,5" tray since there are no moving parts in them ..

..thankfully the air 240 has plenty of room in the back for you to experiment..

:thumb:

· Registered
2 Posts
New Here! New to Custom CPU Building! New to Air 240

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to wake this thread up.
I am new to custom CPU building and am looking at building a Air 240.
And would like to seek advise from everyone here :)

My potential hardware are:
Corsair Carbide Air 240
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO LED 2666MHZ 16gbx2
MSI Z390M Gaming Edge AC
MSI RTX 2060 6gb Gaming Z
Seasonic FP FX-750W Full Gold
Seagate 2TB 7200RPM
1 TB Samsung 860 QVO
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO
Planning to keep to stock fans first, but might get some noctua to replace them.

• I do not plan to do any overclocking. - Will I still need to liquid cool my mobo?
  • Can someone advise me whether the GPU will fit in the case? No plans for any liquid cooling yet unless someone recommend it in 1st point.
  • I would like to put fans at the bottom, below the GPU. Will that be possible? Read somewhere that the space left is too little for 120mm fans.

Thanks in advance!

· the one whos many
1,303 Posts
Hi

The MSI RTX 2060 6gb Gaming Z most probably doesnt fit this case. The card is way too high. Or if it barely fits, you cant connect the power.

And what do you call bottom?

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi

The MSI RTX 2060 6gb Gaming Z most probably doesnt fit this case. The card is way too high. Or if it barely fits, you cant connect the power.

And what do you call bottom?
Thanks for the heads-up. I totally didn't consider that factor.. I will maybe consider the GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6G then, since its way lower.

In terms of "bottom", i was referring to the space that is below the GPU where it seems to be able to put 2 120mm fans too.

· Registered
1,357 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to wake this thread up.
I am new to custom CPU building and am looking at building a Air 240.
And would like to seek advise from everyone here /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

My potential hardware are:
Corsair Carbide Air 240
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO LED 2666MHZ 16gbx2
MSI Z390M Gaming Edge AC
MSI RTX 2060 6gb Gaming Z
Seasonic FP FX-750W Full Gold
Seagate 2TB 7200RPM
1 TB Samsung 860 QVO
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO
Planning to keep to stock fans first, but might get some noctua to replace them.

• I do not plan to do any overclocking. - Will I still need to liquid cool my mobo?
  • Can someone advise me whether the GPU will fit in the case? No plans for any liquid cooling yet unless someone recommend it in 1st point.
  • I would like to put fans at the bottom, below the GPU. Will that be possible? Read somewhere that the space left is too little for 120mm fans.

Thanks in advance!

You can do what I did and use a riser cable and mount the Card vertically. I bought the 120mm fan gpu mount from MNCPTECH and mount the MSI Gaming X 1060 vertically in the anterior of the case. Looks cool and original. Try it maybe.

· Registered
41 Posts
Heres a mod I haven't seen anyone else do. I recessed the front fan mounts to put more room between my radiator and gpu. I plan on adding an acrylic fan grill to the radiator fans, I want as much room to view it as possible, but I also didn't want to buy a stealth profile radiator when I already have this perfectly good one right here. *shrug*

I cut the fan grill out, bent a scrap piece of sheet steel that came from a fan mod I did on the hdd cage, and made brackets for the radiator. The brackets were cleaned up, then riveted to the front of the case (no pics of that yet, sorry).

The result is more than a centimeter of extra space between fans and gpu, and the front panel still clips on/off exactly like a stock case.

This wasn't an easy mod, and I certainly don't recommend it to others. But for my specific build and situation the results were fantastic. This was the last major case mod I had to do, now I get to start making my vanity plates and grills out of acrylic. I need to get that done pronto, because I want to get everything painted while the weather is warm.

· Registered
68 Posts
Hi y'all, don't know if this thread is alive much anymore, but here we go.
I'm thinking of building a mostly new system, with the new Ryzens coming up in a couple of weeks. I'm already pretty sure about the motherboard, CPU and RAM, but I want to re-use my current Sapphire RX 580 Nitro 8G.
I found two Air 240s second hand, and was intrigued with the air flow it seems to able to provide with enough fans, and I like how it's not that big, really. A bit wider than my TJ08-E but lower as well.

Has anybody tried to fit the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro? It seems to be exactly 135mm high which is the maximum heigth for a CPU cooler in this case. The power connector is on top, but recessed. The cables would only stick out a couple millimeters at most.
(image: https://content.hwigroup.net/images/products_xl/394879/2/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-nitro-8gb.jpg)
I read that the side panels are flimsy, so would that give me a bent side panel?
Edit: I see that I actually have the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse, but I believe the cooler has the same dimensions (only colours are different), so it should be comparable.

Second, despite the fans on the front, the GPU seems to still get not particularly good airflow, while a mATX board is too close to the bottom to fit 120 mm fans properly (this seems like a really stupid oversight imo). Does anybody have confirmation if slimline fans fit? And if yes, how thick (15mm)? It would certainly seem so, but I can get no real confirmation, and OC.net reminded me that these threads are really hard to properly search though.

Edit 2: Despite the Google indexing of OC.net still being crap (it previews the correct page and then sends me to the last page, always. :mad: I managed to dig up an image that pretty much confirms this is gonna be way too tight.
https://www.overclock.net/photopost/data/1621123/5/56/56949aa1_IMG_20170603_170041.jpeg that probably isn't going to play well with the "flimsy" side panels.

· the one whos many
1,303 Posts
After seeing how terrible the mATX AM4 lineup is, it might just be, that i am ditching this case after so many years...
I even tought about going intel again, with 9700K or 9900K, but fact is, those processors latest steppings are probably impossible to properly cool in this case, with the cpu cooolers max height of 130mm. And a 240 AIO is still not an option IMO, because it will block all the filtered fresh air on the intake side, so everything else will be hotter inside.
Another point is, that it seems both VGA brands are distancing themselves from the good old blower type ref cards. And 3rd party coolers tend to dump too much heat inside the case, wich isnt good for this Air 240 either.

What do you think? Does this case have a future?

3881 - 3900 of 3913 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.